11 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Combining Beyond the Grave and Inferno rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
I apologize if this is a somehow stupid question but I cant find the answer anywhere.

I have recently bought Arcadia Inferno and I love it.

I am now thinking to buy the Beyond the Grave expansion.

Would it be possible to play Beyond the Grave with the components (hearts, dice, etc etc) from Arcadia Inferno?

What do I need to play with the monsters in Beyond the Grave?

Do I really need the main / first game, Arcadia Quest?

Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only own inferno, so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the only things you need that aren't in inferno are the map tiles (you can just use inferno ones that are roughly the same) and perhaps some quest cards but I doubt that. That said, because damnation exists on so many items in inferno but does not exist in Beyond the Grave, damnation based items are likely to be overpowered, because the BtG monsters won't scale against it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
The life tokens, death tokens, guild markers etc do not come in Beyond the Grave and are the same in Inferno and the Core set so you should be fine.

Beyond the Grave comes with its own monsters (minis and cards) so you're already taken care of.

The only problem I can think of, is that Beyond the Grave only comes with 2 upgrade items per level. You need to stick them with the rest of the items in the core set before each upgrade phase (or replace specific ones they recommend in the manual).

Now, you could just use the items from inferno - however, note that damnation isn't integral to Beyond the Grave. So unless someone takes damnation willingly to activate their items, they won't have any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In campaign book is written what it use from AQ. It has own monsters, and a few upgrade cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
Thank you both!

The issue is the campaign within the Beyond the Grave expansion.

I want to play that campaign, not only to use the BtG miniatures.

Do you need the map tiles from Arcadia Quest the main Game in order to play the Beyond the Grave campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Exupery wrote:
Thank you both!

The issue is the campaign within the Beyond the Grave expansion.

I want to play that campaign, not only to use the BtG miniatures.

Do you need the map tiles from Arcadia Quest the main Game in order to play the Beyond the Grave campaign?

Forgot about that...

Yeah. You need the tiles. Beyond the Grave only comes with (I think?) 3 extra tiles. You complete the rest from the regular campaign.

However, it's possible that the Inferno tiles are exactly the same only with different art.

I mean Pets campaign can work with either of those.

I'll go over the tiles later when I get home and compare to see how much of an issue it is to switch them.

If they are not fully identical, I think it would be easy enough to give you a substitute list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you will be able to substitute Inferno tiles for the base AQ tiles. Here is what I saw when comparing the tiles:

1A - 18B
1B - 21A
2A - no match
2B - no match
3A - no match
3B - no match
4A - 20A
4B - no match
5A - no match
5B - no match
6A - 18A
6B - no match
7A - no match
7B - no match
8A - 15B
8B - No match
9A - No match
9B - 17A

I only considered ones that matched the layout exactly. There are some that are fairly close. You could still substitute some without a match, but it might mess with the balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
It is pretty clear to me now that you need the maps in the main game in order to use play the campaign in the Beyond the Grave expansion.

Such a pity.

Thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be done, but it is not an easy fix and will not be exactly the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is always the option of using open doors for places where there shouldn't be walls. But you'd have to proxy something else in to indicate where walls should be that aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also keep an eye on eBay to see if anyone decides to sell just the tiles from the base game (currently there are 2 sets of the Inferno tiles up there, so it could happen.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.