Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Boucvalt
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
May be an obvious answer, but it's important. After drawing an encounter card, I get one that says something like "Activate all engaged enemies; otherwise, move all enemies 2 spaces towards the closest hero."

I don't have any engaged enemies. So I do the second option... If this causes an enemy to now be in the same space as a hero, does this cause the enemy to attack the hero, even though it didn't state that the enemy was activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buhbooh wrote:
May be an obvious answer, but it's important. After drawing an activation card, I get one that says something like "Activate all engaged enemies; otherwise, move all enemies 2 spaces towards the closest hero."

If this causes an enemy to now be in the same space as a hero, does this cause the enemy to attack the hero, even though it didn't state that the enemy was activated?

No, exactly because it didn't say they were activated/attack. In this case, the enemies only move. Rejoice !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
Buhbooh wrote:
May be an obvious answer, but it's important. After drawing an activation card, I get one that says something like "Activate all engaged enemies; otherwise, move all enemies 2 spaces towards the closest hero."

If this causes an enemy to now be in the same space as a hero, does this cause the enemy to attack the hero, even though it didn't state that the enemy was activated?

No, exactly because it didn't say they were activated/attack. In this case, the enemies only move. Rejoice !

On that note, this means when Bloodlust is drawn from Encounter deck the [+} for gremlins mean that they don't attack even if they are in your area, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogan7 wrote:
On that note, this means when Bloodlust is drawn from Encounter deck the [+} for gremlins mean that they don't attack even if they are in your area, right?

i don't know the text for Bloodlust, but if it doesn't say "activate" or "attack" then they don't. If it says "move towards the closest hero" and they're already in a space with a hero, they stay there and (thankfully) don't do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Rogan7 wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
Buhbooh wrote:

Right. But note things like the quickness ability on the red gremlin - that triggers if it is not "activated", which it won't if it is not engaged. Activated means using the appropriate {} text on the enemy scroll.

With bloodlust, if the enemy is not engaged, it just moves 2 spaces. It does NOT use the {+} effect on the enemy scroll.

Edit: I stand corrected

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
But note things like the quickness ability on the red gremlin - that triggers if it is not "activated", which it won't if it is not engaged. Activated means using the appropriate {} text on the enemy scroll.

This is not quite correct. According to Simone, an enemy is activated if the Encounter card causes it to take some action (whether that means explicitly activating it and triggering a {} rule, moving, or just attacking). So if the Red Gremlin is not engaged and moves closer to a hero due to Bloodlust, Quickness will not trigger that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.