Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1) During the combat round you eliminate the all enemy units, can your participating AF units Rebase using Strategic Movement?

Q2) If you are NOT the current territory controller but eliminate the last enemy ground unit and you both have surviving airforce units, who must Rebase first assuming you still have a ground unit remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The two definitions needed are as follows:

According to 11.4,

Quote:
strategic Air Movement must start and end in Friendly Territory and may not pass through Neutral or Rival/Enemy Territory (i.e., AFs at Sea or in non-Friendly Territory cannot use Strategic Movement).

According to 13.0,

Quote:
ReBasing is making a free move (no Command needed) during the Combat Phase out of a Disputed area into an undisputed friendly-controlled Land Area.

And from the brown box on page 16:

Quote:
ReBasing: Double Movement Range
ANS units can effectively double their movement range in 2 ways:
• Strategic Movement. They can double their normal movement range within friendly areas (provided they do not Engage or Disengage).
• By ReBasing. They can move normally into a Battle and then move out of it again to ReBase (effectively doubling their movement range).
Note that both these cannot occur on the same move: ReBasing is movement out of a Battle, but Strategic Movement is not allowed into a Battle.

The answer to Q1 is No, they cannot.

The answer to Q2 is if the AF units both decide to ReBase after combat has been resolved during a Combat phase, then they both simply fly home without additional combat. See 13.12. The key word is "after."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for Q2: You didn't state it, but I assume you have surviving ground units as well? If so, the enemy AF has to rebase after combat, and yours does not (it is optional).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
for Q2: You didn't state it, but I assume you have surviving ground units as well?

What? Wait....actually I did state that ... Thanks for the replies guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.