Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this game work well in two players? Still good and fun? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like you double your rolls with 2p. The biggest downside is with less player pawns then the less frequent ousting will occur...maybe not a huge deal, but a free roll is a free roll.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be that much different then the 3p or 4p game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zecman
msg tools
mb
The biggest change will be more space for movement around the board since it is less likely someone is occupying a space you really want. Man vs Meeple talked a little bit about this in the video preview they did. I think it should be fine with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cooney
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've only played it two player and we both enjoyed it. We're looking forward to playing it more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo L.
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
My scythe... I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
The biggest downside is with less player pawns then the less frequent ousting will occur...maybe not a huge deal, but a free roll is a free roll.

I haven't played the game with 2 players yet, only with 3 and 4. So I'll try to be careful about jumping to conclusions. However, it seems very likely to me that this will indeed be the biggest problem with 2 players.

However, I think it would be an easy house rule to combine some of the action spaces. For example, combining the 1/1/2/3 spots into a single location on the sun side, and the 1/1/2/3 spots into a single location on the moon side. Then, combining the 4/5 spots on the sun side with the 4/5 spots on the moon side.

That way you have a total of 4 action spots for 2 players as opposed to 7 action spots for 3 or 4 players. I'll certainly be trying this variant in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less ousting isn't a factor at all. It's self-balancing. You don't need to be ousted to be successful, but if a player is constantly doing it, you will surpass them in point/resource production. There is no need to create a house rule that increases it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.