Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myk Deans
United States
Rotonda West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was checking through my copy getting ready for trade/sale and when I checked the counters I found there were 4 missing. Using the counter sheet image in the gallery I identified these 4:

Looking through the rules I don't see them identified, although it was a brief look so I may have missed something. Also, they don't appear on the set-up player aids.

Whilst I'm totally bummed that I've managed to lose 4 counters from the game, I'm mostly curious about what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara c
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like errata counters for a La Bat game. Which one, or which ones, is anyone's guess. Likely one that was in print in the early 90's, though, like Ligny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, these were replacements or extras for La Bataille de Ligny and La Bataille des Quatre Bras. The first editions of those games came out just a year or two before L'Armee du Nord. I think Ed mentioned them in an Art of War issue from that time frame, too. I'll try to remember to check my unpunched copy later tonight.

Edit: I did some searching on Consimworld and have the answer. The Prussian one is Prinz August, an extra leader for Ligny; the British leader is a replacement for Somerset; the two French ones are replacements for d'Hurbal and L'Hertier. The last three are all from Quatre Bras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myk Deans
United States
Rotonda West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the information guys. I don't have any of those games, so I wonder what I did with those counters? Now I've got something else to be curious about...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Errata for that errata: Chuck the one for Prinz August, the only place he appears in this campaign is on the box lid of La Bataille de Wavre. I don't think he was actually present in Belgium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.