Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this integrate with existing Star Realms cards, or must this be a seperate standalone game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will not know for sure until the Kickstarter happens, but from the cards that have been shown so far, it looks very likely that it will be a stand alone expansion, similar to Colony Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
The sample cards have the same frame than the base game and an expansion icon so it is very highly probable that they will be compatible. Like 99% certain, the remaining 1% being waiting for Rob or Ian to confirm it themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

Indiana
msg tools
mb
Either way, I'm glad to see them come full circle and give Star Realms the Hero Realms treatment. The only reason I haven't picked up Hero Realms is because of what I have in Star Realms.

I'm hoping they'll offer a true co-op campaign experience.

I'm also hoping they'll release something along the lines of "fleet starter packs," similar to the character packs in Hero Realms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heroesbane wrote:
Either way, I'm glad to see them come full circle and give Star Realms the Hero Realms treatment. The only reason I haven't picked up Hero Realms is because of what I have in Star Realms.

I'm hoping they'll offer a true co-op campaign experience.

I'm also hoping they'll release something along the lines of "fleet starter packs," similar to the character packs in Hero Realms.

My thought exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed something.
What are you talking about Hero Realms treatment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
Does this integrate with existing Star Realms cards, or must this be a seperate standalone game?

From the new YouTube video:

Quote:
Star Realms Frontiers is a 2-4 player deckbuilding game. It is a stand alone expansion of the multiple game-of-the-year award winning Star Realms Deckbuilding Game. While it can combine and play with all other Star Realms expansions, you don't need any of the previous expansions to play Star Realms Frontiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just hoping they fix the blue faction's OP problem and make it less obvious that you've lost on turn 3 and should just give up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I'm just hoping they fix the blue faction's OP problem and make it less obvious that you've lost on turn 3 and should just give up.

I feel like blue is only OP in the base game. The Crisis expansions and Colony Wars add enough mediocre cards to it to dilute it, in my opinion. In any case, when a powerful card comes up in the trade row, you should be buying it regardless of faction.

I find that the games that look lost early, rarely are. Playing against much better players, they very rarely win for an obvious reason, they are just very good at not losing.

I agree that there are some cards that, if bought early, mean that one player has an overwhelming advantage, but that is true of any deck builder with a random market. I have seen it in Ascension, Legendary Marvel, and even Arctic Scavengers (scavenging pile and clash rewards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
I agree that there are some cards that, if bought early, mean that one player has an overwhelming advantage, but that is true of any deck builder with a random market. I have seen it in Ascension, Legendary Marvel, and even Arctic Scavengers (scavenging pile and clash rewards).

I didn't play enough AS to osberve that but Ascension has become the perfect example of what NOT to do in a deckbuilder over the years.

Anyway, I'm hoping for an Aeon's End's take on deckbuilding in the future. That the only way I can see deckbuilding games being less random.

We played Colony Wars + Unity (- Missions because they're just winmore) yesterday and direct acquisition on the blue ship on turn 3 signed my doom. We kept on playing from there but there was just no way to come back. You're right that blue is weaker there but somehow all her blue cards had healing abilities, healing her up to 17/turn. A very one-sided match.

The sad thing being that I can only add: again. Sigh. Oh, and she went second, advocating my belief that the real advantage is going second and not having a 2-gold hand. Yuk.

Don't know if I'll back yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
The sad thing being that I can only add: again. Sigh. Oh, and she went second, advocating my belief that the real advantage is going second and not having a 2-gold hand. Yuk.

I don't know the statistics offhand, but I believe that the overall win percentage, taken over a large number of games, is something like 57-43 in favor of player 1. Looking at my Pro Star Realms page, over 547 online games, I win 56.14% as Player 1 and 46.56% as player 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

I don't know the statistics offhand, but I believe that the overall win percentage, taken over a large number of games, is something like 57-43 in favor of player 1. Looking at my Pro Star Realms page, over 547 online games, I win 56.14% as Player 1 and 46.56% as player 2.

Yeah we've been over that already.
Still is a roughly 80% for player 2 in my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:

I do hate the fact that blue is OP. But I also hate that green, red and yellow are OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
I do hate the fact that blue is OP. But I also hate that green, red and yellow are OP.

*Insert laughter*
By the way yellow is really not that impressive. Sure you get the occasional 3 forced discard (which by the way is not exactly fun to play against) but I do find the faction lacking in terms of cost efficiency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D.
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt like Colony Wars had a emphasis on improving the "value" of Yellow Faction. I don't have any hard evidence to support this claim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.