Subject: Blitz Pursuit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Some confusion exists in my head after reading the rule for Blitz pursuits and Blitz movement caused by my reading of the AH General article "The Russian Front Dissected" in Volume 22 Number 4. The author of the article is describing an assault next to Leningrad where a German panzer corps and Air unit break through a Russian army just SW of Schlisselburg where said Russian army retreats due east ( hex QQ20 if you have the map out) whereupon the same Panzer and air unit then move to Schlisselburg to launch a new attack on different targets which I, remembering that the first attacked army did not retreat to Schlisselburg, consider an illegal move. Essentially it is not a pursuit move since it did not attack any units involved in the first engagement which as the maneuver is described as a Pursuit seems illogical. Am I right? Was the move into Schlisselburg illegal as a pursuit move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pursuit is only possible in QQ20. Enter in Schlusselburg to make an attack on a different unit is Illegal (11.7.2.3 is clear about this).
The example on the article of "General" is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Yes thank you Ioris it seems you agree with me. Anyone else think differently? Obviously makes a heck of a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Henderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ioris is correct. No argument from me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.