Pandemic: Iberia» Forums » General

Subject: Pandemic original+OTB vs Iberia for new players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quoc Diep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi everyone. I just wanted some suggestions on which copy to pick up as we're going to be headed to vacation soon and I wanted to pick up one or the other of the Pandemic series game.

Which version is more suited for new players who have never played Pandemic to learn and pickup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, Pandemic (prime) is the game to get for someone who's never played it before. For Pandemic enthusiasts, I'd recommend Iberia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree that Iberia is (generally) better for those who have played base Pandemic.

That said, Iberia is just gorgeous, and sometimes the artwork draws in newbies. Also, I demoed it at a local FLGS during International Tabletop Day in late April with two other people who had never played Pandemic. We ended up losing the game, but they both REALLY enjoyed it, a lot.

In the end, I would say that if you have one experienced Pandemic Player at the table, either of them is a good option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quoc Diep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
WooHoo1 wrote:
I would agree that Iberia is (generally) better for those who have played base Pandemic.

That said, Iberia is just gorgeous, and sometimes the artwork draws in newbies. Also, I demoed it at a local FLGS during International Tabletop Day in late April with two other people who had never played Pandemic. We ended up losing the game, but they both REALLY enjoyed it, a lot.

In the end, I would say that if you have one experienced Pandemic Player at the table, either of them is a good option.

I'm guilty. To be honest the aesthetics of Iberia is the main reason why I have it as an option instead of original Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said - it's gorgeous. (I'm guessing you've already seen my review which includes pics.)

Base Pandemic is a great game. But I rank Iberia the same as Base + OTB -- and it's probably cheaper than Base + OTB.

Either selection is solid -- but with non-gamers, I generally try to put the more visually appealing game on the table! Just my 2 cents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.