Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything less than $65 is an automatic buy for me on this. If they don't have MAP pricing I would even buy it from my local game store at regular price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you didn't go wading through the thread in the Container Forum, from the publisher:

Quote:
We are seeking an MSRP of between $70 and $90 US Dollars. It remains to be seen if we can accomplish that price target and still get our ideal level of production included. This compares well to the original edition's MSRP of $60 (10 years ago).

So it sounds like you are unlikely to get your less than $65, but it looks like they are trying to keep it a little lower than, say, Splotter prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, another problem with splitting one game into two pages is that people don't see the latest information always.

In addition to what Chris posted, here is a more recent note from the publisher about the pricing.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26229976#26229976

It's looking like they are aiming for $90 to me. We all like to give parameters lower than what things are going to be when people want it lower.

Considering what they are putting into this it's probably about what I expected. My preference would be a for a cleaner designed, smaller game but they also seem to be dead set on putting in 7 inch resin boats so it's going to be bucks from more than one angle. I do hope they are including shipping or we will be well over $100 easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
So too much but still cheaper than a copy of the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
So too much but still cheaper than a copy of the original.

As you may have learned from playing Container, if it's too expensive then don't buy it. If you buy it, it wasn't too expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I already have it and the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this moment our best guess will be an $85 - $90 MSRP, though the size of the ship sculpt is making the factory's head spin a bit. The final pricing on that item will help us set our final MSRP.

We do intend to offer an Early Bird opportunity on our website soon and then a Kickstarter opportunity as well. We're asking for everyone to seriously consider supporting this project through one of those opportunities because the production costs on this game are easily the highest we've ever encountered and the project will not be possible without strong preorder support.

Anyone who accepts one of those preorder/backer opportunities will find that they will not need to pay full MSRP. If we're asking our customers to support us with a preorder, we're going to do everything that we can to give you good reason to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Speidel
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
what are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say early bird, do you mean everyone who preorders through your website in the first hour or will it be a couple of days? Will the Kickstarter be the same kind of thing? And lastly, will there be a difference in early bird prices, direct preorder or Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW the parts are going to be resin!? Fully expected plastic. Resin is going to be nice if that's the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
At this moment our best guess will be an $85 - $90 MSRP, though the size of the ship sculpt is making the factory's head spin a bit. The final pricing on that item will help us set our final MSRP.

We do intend to offer an Early Bird opportunity on our website soon and then a Kickstarter opportunity as well. We're asking for everyone to seriously consider supporting this project through one of those opportunities because the production costs on this game are easily the highest we've ever encountered and the project will not be possible without strong preorder support.

Anyone who accepts one of those preorder/backer opportunities will find that they will not need to pay full MSRP. If we're asking our customers to support us with a preorder, we're going to do everything that we can to give you good reason to do so.

Perfect Kevin! I look forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can live with $85 msrp IF you don't have a MAP policy. That would mean I could get it for less online. Now if it is $85 MSRP and you have MAP I would have to think very long and hard.

Edit: Saw the pre-order post after I typed this. That may be very doable if it saves me money. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your job is to make profit. My job is to let go of as little money as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Skyjack wrote:
.... My job is to let go of as little money as possible.

Here you go then!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Skyjack wrote:

Here you go then!!

This was kind of my thought on seeing that pricetag. $90 for a game with fancy resin boats which can be DIY'd for about $10+poker chips is crazy.

But all the more power to the publisher for taking advantage of geeks who have money to burn on little resin statues
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
Skyjack wrote:

Here you go then!!

This was kind of my thought on seeing that pricetag. $90 for a game with fancy resin boats which can be DIY'd for about $10+poker chips is crazy.

But all the more power to the publisher for taking advantage of geeks who have money to burn on little resin statues

Need to investigate the DIY version. I'm not paying $90 for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
McJarvis wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
Skyjack wrote:

Here you go then!!

Need to investigate the DIY version. I'm not paying $90 for this game.

LEGO can be your friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Medvinskiy
United States
Folcroft
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
resin ships as an add-on in separate box - problem solved! But in terms of manufacturing\logistics - this may be cost prohibitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least $90 guarantees a brand new copy with added theme. Some secondhand copies of the original Container are priced higher.

A separate box for all the ships? "The Container": A shipping container... which contains your ships....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Where's the added theme? The theme is identical in the two. One just has fancier components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point Tigrillo, I should not confuse theme with flashy components, as I have done. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
WOW the parts are going to be resin!? Fully expected plastic. Resin is going to be nice if that's the case.

If you're lucky they'll even use dental resin whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: My wife bought it for me this past week end as a surprise for our anniversary. She got it from our local games store, with out me seeing her do it. With me in the store! Even sneaked it to car and surprised me at home. The game is great but not as great as my bride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyjack wrote:
UPDATE: My wife bought it for me this past week end as a surprise for our anniversary. She got it from our local games store, with out me seeing her do it. With me in the store! Even sneaked it to car and surprised me at home. The game is great but not as great as my bride.

You, Sir, are one lucky man. My wife would beat me out of that shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.