Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Noting that all the entries on this game's page date back quite a while, I thought it might be helpful to start a fresh one to allow mid-2017-forward information to be posted.

I regret that I have nothing to offer but this platform; I hope someone among the "KS supporter" group, or with a connection to the designer/publisher or an ear to the ground in the hobby, might be able to make a sound in the deafening silence regarding this game. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been one of those quietly waiting in the wings for the game that I still hold out belief will eventually be released.

That said, while I'd love to get more real info, at this point I am not expecting any amazing revelations. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see regular updates, even if they said little more than; "We are still waiting on _____, more info later."

But I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, QorDaq. Especially given the long delay--if I'm not mistaken, the original projection was for a Fall 2016 shipping date--the designer/producer must come to understand that credibility, and the potential for future product support, hinges on regular communication with KS supporters.

Even the long-delayed "Burning Suns" project provided regular updates, and the delays with that one have been understandable in light of explanations, and thus tolerable.

The kindest word I can find for the "Blackout" project is "disappointing." Like you, I still harbor hope that one day it will arrive at my door, but this falls into the category of "expect the worst, if anything better happens, enjoy the pleasant surprise."

We shall see . . . meanwhile, "Q'plah!" (pardon the spelling)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Preach379 wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
I agree, QorDaq. Especially given the long delay--if I'm not mistaken, the original projection was for a Fall 2016 shipping date--the designer/producer must come to understand that credibility, and the potential for future product support, hinges on regular communication with KS supporters.

Even the long-delayed "Burning Suns" project provided regular updates, and the delays with that one have been understandable in light of explanations, and thus tolerable.

The kindest word I can find for the "Blackout" project is "disappointing." Like you, I still harbor hope that one day it will arrive at my door, but this falls into the category of "expect the worst, if anything better happens, enjoy the pleasant surprise."

What credibility? He's done this on every project he's ever run.

This is the first experience I've had with him. Did his other projects ever reach delivery to supporters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preach379 wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
Preach379 wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:

What credibility? He's done this on every project he's ever run.

This is the first experience I've had with him. Did his other projects ever reach delivery to supporters?

They fulfilled to some supporters, but not others. His previous project ended with a statement that everyone had received their products, but dozens if not hundreds of backers have posted there that they did not. He's never said anything on that project ever since... well, except that some backers posted here on bgg that he offered to send them refunds once he received the money for this project....

When this project launched I read the comments on his old projects and decided not to back. I was afraid this would happen.

Here's to hoping everyone gets there stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preach379 wrote:

Yeah I wish I had listened to my gut and withdrawn my pledge after I researched his previous projects, but several backers of the project, who I have to wonder now if they were plants, called me a coward and a bunch of other things for wanting to back out, and I wasn't in very stable emotional state at the time, so I kept my pledge. Live and learn I guess.

Sorry man. With this and Myth I'm sure you aren't feeling the greatest about Kickstarter. I hope everything works out in the end for you. I just wish people could rate producers on KS so they couldn't launch new projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They (Kickstarter) really do need to have stronger control over the people they let run campaigns, especially after repeated struggles to deliver. I do not have great hope for this, certainly not in the near future, and I have no desire to back another Richard Broadwater project ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any new info regarding this game? I originally backed the project and then had second thoughts after hearing about the designer's other KS projects. I did drop my pledge near the end. The game did really look cool to me though, so I contacted the designer shortly after the campaign closed and he let me late pledge. I shared my concerns about the project being fulfilled and he assured me this project was MUCH different than his previous ones. He said that he had learned a lot from his previous KS and was way ahead of the curve on this one. I still hope that this game sees the light of day but I feel a bit like a sucker at this point...

I'm still hoping!!!!

The worst part is that, as I did not pledge during the campaign, I am unable to comment or ask questions on the KS page because I am not considered a "backer". I do have a copy of the paypal receipt that I sent him, but as far as KS is concerned, I did not back this project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creston Fenn
msg tools
I was debating between this, Sword and Sorcery, and Folklore. I am glad I picked Folklore. I just can't believe that he would basically steal everyone's money. I check out the kickstarted page every now and then in hopes that people who pledged get an explanation. Nothing at all so far. ... anyone try to find him on facebook? Twitter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cfrun02 wrote:
I was debating between this, Sword and Sorcery, and Folklore. I am glad I picked Folklore. I just can't believe that he would basically steal everyone's money. I check out the kickstarted page every now and then in hopes that people who pledged get an explanation. Nothing at all so far. ... anyone try to find him on facebook? Twitter?

BGG is the only social-media site I use anymore (left Twitter; wish I could figure out how to bail from LinkedIn). Only thing I know to try is to send the designer a Geekmail. Haven't bothered yet.

I'm still waiting for two KS projects from years ago (Burning Suns and Rally 'Round the Flag) besides "Blackout," but backers have had good communications from Emil (BS) and I've had some face-to-face chats with the "Rally" publisher and know both of these will arrive eventually.

Although one of my supported KS projects ended up with the poor guy bankrupt, backers eventually received their games. This is the only KS I've backed that looks to be a total loss. Given the number of campaigns I've backed (about 80% of which have met their goal), one money-down-the-drain isn't so bad, though it doesn't excuse the originator.

At least this experience has taught me some things to watch for which have made me more selective and less likely to lose money again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb

For better or worse, I'm with Barry here.

Of all KS projects I've backed, this is the oldest yet to arrive (I got Burning Suns, so I'm pretty sure Barry and all the rest of the backers will eventually get theirs ).

Sadly, if I finally don't get Blackout, it would be my first not delivered one. Also, I had very high expectations with this game. soblue

Not looking good, but here's still hoping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Strickler II
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Well, anyone doing a basic search (like I just did) can find out that he works for Firaxis Studios as an Artist and Level Designer.

If you are searching for him, his name is Richard Todd Broadwater and he lives in the D.C. Metro Area (according to LinkedIn, where he goes by Todd Broadwater).

Honestly, I am with everyone. Delays are inevitable, even sometimes expected, but to drop off the social communication grid and not update your backers with progress is unacceptable.

I hope someone can use this information to get better contact information, simply so this guy will do the right thing and either refund his backers or tell us what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.