J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Let's see: health care reform, tax reform, Russia investigation, Trump investigation, Syrian civil war, Russian meddling in Euro elections, brutal heat wave and wildfires in the west...and Fox leads with...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/27/obamas-under-fire...

I wasn't a big fan of Obama, but here's the deal: unlike his three most-recent Republican predecessors, the Obamas did not inherit their wealth. They earned it. And their kids are almost grown. So if you have the money, the kids aren't a factor, then who wouldn't go and have a great time?

But yeah, Fox News, Obama's travels are far, far more important to highlight than the CBO's categorization of the ACHA or Syrian kids having to hide behind the bodies of their mothers to avoid being murdered by Syrian troops. Well-played, Fox News, well-played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The current president owns golf courses and literally has a gold-plated tower in Manhattan (not to mention lining his pockets while actually theoretically a public servant), and Fox is ripping on the Obamas for living large.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fox News is simply trying to give their viewers what they want. A justifiable reason for hating the Obamas. Perhaps one day they will actually succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them a break.

Fox has to fill 24 hours a day! Every day!

And Republicans can't do fuck all that seems remotely good to report.

Even the no spin zone can't put a positive spin on this shit.

so... Obama bad. I wold expect this for the next 4 years. Probably 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Give them a break.

Fox has to fill 24 hours a day! Every day!

And Republicans can't do fuck all that seems remotely good to report.

Even the no spin zone can't put a positive spin on this shit.

so... Obama bad. I wold expect this for the next 4 years. Probably 8.

Shhh! Keep it down! Fox is issuing a special alert about Obama buying inadequately patriotic mustard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you want to see something cynically and outrageously partisan from FoxNews just flip to their channel or go to their website. This stuff is a daily occurrence, nothing new to see here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artaxerxes wrote:

Fox News is simply trying to give their viewers what they want. A justifiable reason for hating the Obamas. Perhaps one day they will actually succeed.

I can't imagine. If you repeat a lie often and loudly enough, eventually people will come to see you as a liar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
Artaxerxes wrote:

I can't imagine. If you repeat a lie often and loudly enough, eventually people will come to see you as a liar.

I dunno...it worked for Hitler...for awhile..until his country was bombed out of existence and he shot himself in a bunker...maybe that's where we're headed too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:
Artaxerxes wrote:

I dunno...it worked for Hitler...for awhile..until his country was bombed out of existence and he shot himself in a bunker...maybe that's where we're headed too...

I highly highly doubt we are heading down the path of Nazi Germany (except maybe in the fevered minds of a select few libs).

I don't think we are going to either, but not for lack of some people trying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:
Artaxerxes wrote:

I highly highly doubt we are heading down the path of Nazi Germany (except maybe in the fevered minds of a select few libs).

It'll be a while yet, and it'll look different than Nazi Germany, but I am very concerned that we're heading in that direction. The rise of the Nazi party probably couldn't have happened without the pummeling of the German economy after the first war. When people are hungry, poor, and feeling defeated, they're vulnerable to exploitation by those who offer them a way out.

I can't tell if the Republican Party's "reverse Robin Hood" policies of taking from the poor to give to the rich are a deliberate attempt to keep the population vulnerable, controllable, and on edge, or if it's a short-sighted attempt to line their own pockets that will leave a baffled and desperate population vulnerable to the next, worse strong-man to come around. I suspect the latter. When choosing between malice and stupidity, I generally choose stupidity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.