Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Levine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendor at about 50% off MSRP and about $13 lower than CSI
Splendor
https://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-SCSPL01-Splendor-Board-Game/d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Friday
United States
Blue Springs
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Splendor - $19.66
sethl74 wrote:
Splendor

There is a $6 coupon as well, so makes it only about $14 after tax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
lancefriday945 wrote:

Excellent catch. Any other games with a coupon like this today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lancefriday945 wrote:
sethl74 wrote:
Splendor

Whoa, that's amazing! Thanks for pointing out the coupon as $19.66 was a good price but not enough for me to move on. At $14-ish after tax I picked up a copy for family members who love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caveat--in the splendor forums there's folks who ordered from amazon and got a copy fellow geeks discuss as a pirate version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
msg tools
EDIT: I cancelled my order, it seemed from the Amazon reviews that the last few purchases from Amazon have been cheaper quality/knockoffs/bad run/something. I'll just have to figure out another way to get her a copy.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I got my younger sister hooked on the game on our family vacation and I know she will love having a copy. I'm just going to cross my fingers on the pirating business and hope its legitimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Chernik
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
so glad i saw this...i've been wanting this game forever but i've been waiting for a good deal since i can play the digital version whenever i want...this is by far the lowest price i've ever seen this game listed for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone bought it from Amazon, not a third party, and can comment if the production quality is good or bad?

I'm weary of getting a bad copy then going through the return process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxer Santaros wrote:
Anyone bought it from Amazon, not a third party, and can comment if the production quality is good or bad?

I'm weary of getting a bad copy then going through the return process.

Their return process is painless. I'm sticking it out, hopefully it won't be a pirated version. How Amazon even got stuck with pirated versions is puzzling. If it is pirated Amazon will take it back no problem and a prepaid return shipping label.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I purchased last friday at $20.06 The copy I received had an extremely cheap insert, the cards were great, the nobles wer cut correctly, however the big problem was the chips. I realize that asmodee cut the weight of the chips last year and I have a copy of the game with the lighter chips but this run from Amazon had extremely cheap plastic chips, misplaced stickers on them with rough burrs on the sides. The colors also on the chips varied greatly. It was not only as if the weight was reduced but it is now on par with a Sequence chip (although Sequence may be better). The thing is I am not so sure this is a pirated copy as everything else seems to be on par with the other copy I have minus the cheap insert. The stickers on the chips even have that shiny reflective quality that the nice chips have. I tend to believe it is another step to cut cost and supply even cheaper chips. One of the reviews on Amazon is mine. (Btw the print run on mine said 2016-3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Too
United States
California
flag msg tools
I also purchased this last week, but never got around to opening it.

I went to look after reading this thread and mine is the same print run (2016-3). I then read through this thread/post https://bgg.cc/article/26199536#26199536 and I see the same "fuzzy" Splendor logo and "off" colors.

Considering all of this I decided to return, citing the possibility of counterfeit products as the reason. This is either a knockoff or they have reduced the quality so much that it looks like a knockoff. In either case is it not what I expected or wanted when I purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://slickdeals.net/f/10294048-splendor-board-game-13-70

as another poster said, $13.70 after coupon code

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humberto Gonzalez
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone find the coupon working for other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's dead. Feels bad because I originally ordered it at 20.86$, had some regret seeing it drop down to 19.99, then when it came a few days ago it was dented, creased, and a little torn so sent it back for a replacement. Then saw this, saw the replacement hadn't been sent yet so canceled it and during the chat to get my refund this deal was now dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Keller
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lancefriday945 wrote:
sethl74 wrote:
Splendor

The coupon made me do it whistle

For $14.78 ($19.66 minus $5.94 coupon, plus $1.06 taxes) I'll take my chances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
MagusDuNord wrote:
Caveat--in the splendor forums there's folks who ordered from amazon and got a copy fellow geeks discuss as a pirate version.

I contacted customer support and they assured me it's 100% authentic and they don't allow fake sellers on Amazon (which obviously still happens but just saying what he said) and if there was any issues upon receiving it just to contact them.

Not particularly re-assuring but hopefully it seems like a fake I can just get a real replacement copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears to be dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Chernik
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
zb1035 wrote:
MagusDuNord wrote:

I contacted customer support and they assured me it's 100% authentic and they don't allow fake sellers on Amazon (which obviously still happens but just saying what he said) and if there was any issues upon receiving it just to contact them.

Not particularly re-assuring but hopefully it seems like a fake I can just get a real replacement copy.

yeah i'm thinking the reason for the coupon is that they know that it's a bad run and are trying to offload them...like you i'm going to wait until it arrives and then decide if i'm keeping it...amazon returns are easy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheR3V wrote:
I purchased last friday at $20.06 The copy I received had an extremely cheap insert, the cards were great, the nobles wer cut correctly, however the big problem was the chips. I realize that asmodee cut the weight of the chips last year and I have a copy of the game with the lighter chips but this run from Amazon had extremely cheap plastic chips, misplaced stickers on them with rough burrs on the sides. The colors also on the chips varied greatly. It was not only as if the weight was reduced but it is now on par with a Sequence chip (although Sequence may be better). The thing is I am not so sure this is a pirated copy as everything else seems to be on par with the other copy I have minus the cheap insert. The stickers on the chips even have that shiny reflective quality that the nice chips have. I tend to believe it is another step to cut cost and supply even cheaper chips. One of the reviews on Amazon is mine. (Btw the print run on mine said 2016-3)

I am quoting this because, word for word, this is EXACTLY the same experience as me.

It appears that this is not pirated, but instead is just a cheaper, crappier print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Chickened out and cancelled my order. It was to be a gift copy so I wasn't going to open it.

Anyone know if this stuff has happened when purchasing a new copy of Splendor from a bonafide OLGS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Levine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to wait and see since amazon returns are easy when my copy comes in a day or two, but all of these posts have me a bit concerned that what I will receive will not be even close to the quality I have played on friends copies (a shame I was looking forward to teaching my daughter this one). I'll update when it comes in. Should be able to tell about the poker chips just from the box weight without even opening the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Larsen

N Little Rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
I cancelled my order too. I hope everyone gets excellent copies, but I'm guessing this edition is just crap and, on principle, I want to support good production. If Space Cowboys/Asmodee don't turn the production around on Splendor, they've just lost me on this game (and a possible expansion buy as well).

I don't want to play a game that every time I play I think, "Man, I wish I had a better copy of this and I regret buying this version."

Edit: But yes, returns are easy with Prime. I just don't have time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm gonna stick it out. Will update Thursday if I remember

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KM Tham
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheR3V wrote:

Got a 2016-3 copy from Amazon and compared it to a 2014-2 print.

The 2016-3 version weighs 702g and is made in Germany, has a darker shade of yellow. Printing on the back of the box seemed slightly misaligned and the entire box has a regular non-vinyl finish. While the cards and tiles are thin with some warping, the poker chips suffer the biggest loss of quality compared with the previous batch - fingernail marks are aplenty on the poker chip stickers and the sides of some chips are sharp from injection molding residue which was not shaved off. The chips can be quite dangerous to skin if handled incorrectly.

The 2014-2 version, in contrast, weight 1152g (albeit with card sleeves) and is indicated as made in China. The box uses a lighter shade of yellow and has a vinyl finish.

The only conclusion I can draw is that while the 2016-3 copy may not be a pirated one, it appears that component quality has been deliberately reduced for this print run.

EDIT: Managed to find a 2016-3 box with a vinyl finish. Card and tiles inside were all as thick as the 2014-2 version and had vinyl finishes. Chips had so problematic residues. Insert was thick.

The only perceivable difference is that the chips were lighter as stated by Space Cowboys previously, without any other changes to quality.

My amended conclusion is that there are particular boxes within the 2016-3 batch that did not have the same quality control. It's hard to say the Asmodee or Space Cowboys made this production decision on purpose when there's such a gulf in quality within the same batch. Would be anyone's guess if the problem copies are rejects or infiltrated pirated copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Max
United States
Cinci
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I returned mine as well.

I found something peculiar... on the back of the box, about 3/4 up the right side, there was a couple light marks... which looked like shelf wear. but there was no shelf wear on my copy. Looks like a used box was scanned for the artwork on this recent run. ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.