Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Feed the mind spell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cosmas robless
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys, need some clarification on feed the mind spell . Can the spell be use anytime to help another investigator on his turn after he has made his rolls ? Your help is much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feed the Mind has what the game considers a Component Action:

Component actions of cards are preceded by the word “Action”
in bold. An investigator can perform the component actions
of his cards.
- page 4 of "Rules Reference"

Basically this card gives the investigator holding the card the ability to use the spell. So if Jenny Barnes is holding the card, only she can cast the spell.

So as long as an investigator who holds the card has one of their two actions remaining, they can cast the spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosmas robless
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for the speedy reply Jamie. I was playing with my 2 sons just now and I thought we made a mistake when he helped his brother with the feed the mind spell to a successful roll not on his turn cuz he still hasn't done his 2 actions yet . Thanks for the clarification Jamie .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify a bit:

Investigators can only do their two actions in their turn, in sequence. You can't alternate actions between investigators.

Say there is Carson with feed the mind and Wendy. Carson can (Carson 1) move then (Carson 2) cast feed the mind, end his turn. Then, it would be Wendy's turn and she could (Wendy 1) move and (Wendy 2) attack.

The spell requires the use of an action, and the sequence must be Carson 1, Carson 2, Wendy 1, Wendy 2 OR Wendy 1, Wendy 2, Carson 1, Carson 2. If that was a 2 player game, those would be the only legal action sequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosmas robless
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarification Daniel. That means we have played it wrongly yesterday . So it seems that with feed the mind spell in order to help another investigator he need to use it before the next player takes his turn kinda like giving an extra help before rolling the dice yeah ? Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fre kol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that you keep Focused (the result of casting Feed The Mind) until you choose to use it too, so Focused could be used on any future turn of the target investigator, or even outside of turn in the Mythos Phase, such as during a Horror Check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosmas robless
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you so much guys for the clarification Oh Jorgen !!! So the targeted investigator who is focused (with the feed the mind spell) will have this ability until I change the target investigator or if I use it on myself ? I always thought it was for one time use . Wow...That will be very cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, not quite.

Becoming Focused means you give the target a copy of the Focused Condition card. That is the card that allows them to convert all Investigation results to Success results in a test if you discard Focused. Using the ability of Focused is generally going to be the only way you lose Focused.

Thus, multiple investigators could be given Focused at the same time with Feed the Mind if you have the actions to spend and can survive the reverse sides of the Feed the Mind Spell cards that you must resolve each time you cast the Spell. Each investigator you give the Condition can keep it until they use it. You'd have to use another action to give them another Focused Condition card if you want them to be able to use Focused again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosmas robless
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Oh I see....I get it now thanks man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.