Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got back from the local HD. They sell a Husky 14" 15 compartment container for only $5. Each compartment hold four SWD dice comfortably, 80 total in one layer. Plus a shallower area for counters. (I use the smaller $4 version for storing game parts, primarily for Heroes of Normandie it seems.) So these have become my solution for storing SWD dice. I thought I'd mention it.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-14-in-15-Compartment-Bin-Sm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the storage tip. Would it be possible for you to provide a picture of your dice stored in one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
Thanks for the storage tip. Would it be possible for you to provide a picture of your dice stored in one?

I just uploaded the pic below. The space on the side of each compartment is just wide enough for my index finger to reach in to pull a die up and out.

Each compartment is curved at the top and bottom, which would make pulling small parts of it easier. The dice do wiggle a bit. I found an easy solution if I don't want the dice to move at all. I simply stick a foam packing peanut on the side. The soft foam peanut fits perfectly and locks the dice in place. I could easily travel with the box and not damage the dice at all. (Rolling them is a different matter! )

The two compartments in the bottom row fit four dice in a row. They are a bit wider than the dice, so I'll probably keep the cheap dice in those if I need to. Usually, I store "normal" dice in the center shallow compartment on the bottom row. That fits the damage counters from a starter set. (I checked.) Or whatever you want.

I figure at only $5, it works fine for me and chunky SWD dice. BTW I'm a Dice Masters freak, so I have a thing for checking out storage containers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian LeCleir
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
May the Force be with us.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just getting into the game as well - picked up a couple containers at the recommendation of other players in my group, and found a version that holds 6 smaller cases for ~$3.50 on Amazon. Nice thing with these, is that if you build a deck it will hold the cards and the dice for the deck in one of the smaller cases, and each smaller case can hold a ton of dice if just using for storage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VFDZWO/ref=twister_B01LXRUESM?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludodoc wrote:
I am just getting into the game as well - picked up a couple containers at the recommendation of other players in my group, and found a version that holds 6 smaller cases for ~$3.50 on Amazon. Nice thing with these, is that if you build a deck it will hold the cards and the dice for the deck in one of the smaller cases, and each smaller case can hold a ton of dice if just using for storage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VFDZWO/ref=twister_B01LXRUESM?...

Wow, those look excellent! Super cheap too... now if only I could get by without spending $25 to get one... If I buy another game, I may be stuffed in those little containers by my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.