End of Empire: 1744-1782» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiative and American Indian questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am playing the Invasion of Canada introductionary scenario and some questions popped up.

1) Can Indians fortify an outpost or town?

2) If Montreal is only occupied by an Indian agent, can the Continentals raise their Canadian troops there or is the hex considered occupied by an enemy unit?

3) A hex is occupied by Schuyler (initiative 3) and Montgomery (initiative 5) and several units. Schuyler outranks Montgomery. I want to move a force consisting of Montgomery together with 4 units (non-winter turn). Do I have to roll 3 or lower or 5 or lower to get them on the move? And what if I pick up a unit with the stack commanded by Montgomery in another hex, do I have to roll 4 or 6 to move on (initiative +1 since I was succesful the first time)?

4) Schuyler starts the scenario without any units. Since the leader transfer phase is after the operations phase, am I right that I can't use Schuyler to move any units in the first turn?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loodlood wrote:
Hi all,

I am playing the Invasion of Canada introductionary scenario and some questions popped up.

1) Can Indians fortify an outpost or town?

2) If Montreal is only occupied by an Indian agent, can the Continentals raise their Canadian troops there or is the hex considered occupied by an enemy unit?

3) A hex is occupied by Schuyler (initiative 3) and Montgomery (initiative 5) and several units. Schuyler outranks Montgomery. I want to move a force consisting of Montgomery together with 4 units (non-winter turn). Do I have to roll 3 or lower or 5 or lower to get them on the move? And what if I pick up a unit with the stack commanded by Montgomery in another hex, do I have to roll 4 or 6 to move on (initiative +1 since I was succesful the first time)?

4) Schuyler starts the scenario without any units. Since the leader transfer phase is after the operations phase, am I right that I can't use Schuyler to move any units in the first turn?

Thanks!

1) I didn't see a rule prohibiting this.
2) I don't see any American troops that can be raised as Canadian militia. Can you cite a rule/sentence? I didn't see a definition of "force". Rule 9.3 a and b hint at one, but it doesn't provide a case of a force consisting only of a leader. I suspect leaders (and agents ... a single human and perhaps their entourage) don't constitute forces. If the Canadian milita was not in Montreal but is "available", the militia could intercept as soon as the American force enters the hex.
3) I think that 9.4 makes the case that a subset constitutes a force, so you could make a force with Montgomery and roll for a 5, and then a 6 on subsequent checks.
4) You could attempt to activate Schyler (rule 8.3) if you want to risk it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.