Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Tress
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently ties are broken in favor of earlier turn order when not otherwise specified (e.g. technology card endgame bonus). Earlier turn order already seems to be a massive bonus, in terms of blocking, first crack at contracts and tech cards, and the race for achievements. My group already thought that this being only mitigated by one less coin at the start of game appeared...strange. Add to that preference in tie-breakers (which can easily swing a tight game), something feels off. Has this bothered anyone else? Is it a genuine problem, or am I missing something?

Disclaimer: I have no doubt this game was play-tested hundreds of times. I'm sure there's a reason for things being the way they are, and I don't claim to have found some game-breaking thing here. Just curious, as it feels off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check out: Tiebreaker rule

There is lots of discussion on this topic for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.