Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Horde wildly successful, boatload of SGs for your one-twenty. Tons asking for a nice box for their SGs...

CMoN announces full-colour storage box for final SG.

Backer posts "dont like the box, a goblin survivor would have been better, im dropping to $1 until i see Massive Darkness at my door."

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's pretty daft. Normally, I think box perks are dumb as stretch goals...BUT NOT WHEN THEY CAN HOLD EVERYTHING! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Geoff wrote:
Green Horde wildly successful, boatload of SGs for your one-twenty. Tons asking for a nice box for their SGs...

CMoN announces full-colour storage box for final SG.

Backer posts "dont like the box, a goblin survivor would have been better, im dropping to $1 until i see Massive Darkness at my door."

zombie

He obviously thinks the 14th place trophy he got for the foot race in third grade meant he deserved to get whatever he wanted and now he pouts when he doesn't... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give some folks a gold brick...and they'll bitch and moan about how heavy it is.

BGG is replete with these kinds of idiots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MGAC wrote:
Give some folks a gold brick...and they'll bitch and moan about how heavy it is.

BGG Kickstarter is replete with these kinds of idiots.

Fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
People asking for something isn't representative of everyone.

I condense all my things in fewer boxes, so the storage box is going to either sit empty or be discarded. I'd have rather seen something like a pamphlet with more missions that make use explicit use of KSE elements or something game play related. I'm a bit sad that it is the final goal because for me it is anticlimactic.

The dropping to 1$ is also sensible because once a project hits funding, the only reason to pledge the full amount IS the stretch goals. You are giving an interest free loan otherwise, which is less desirable for people who could otherwise do things with that money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot even imagine what a KS project would look like where everyone was happy with every aspect from campaign management to the last detail, and everything in between. I've tried. I'm pretty sure even the concept of a perfect campaign is well outside of the realm of possibility.

So I don't take it personally when others disagree with something I like/ want, or when it does not manifest the way I envisioned it (MD Crossover, Horde Tile, etc..?), each of us gets to decide for ourselves if the value is there or not, and back or not accordingly.

I have to say that I've had my own ups and downs with this campaign, and there are likely 50% of the unlocked survivors that I could care less about, however...

I'll go on record as saying; I think the world will be a little better place for having GH in it... Or at least my living room will be...*Chuckle*...

So I'm good (In spite of Chromatiz). The box is gravy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skies wrote:

I condense all my things in fewer boxes, so the storage box is going to either sit empty or be discarded. I'd have rather seen something like a pamphlet with more missions that make use explicit use of KSE elements or something game play related. I'm a bit sad that it is the final goal because for me it is anticlimactic.

The dropping to 1$ is also sensible because once a project hits funding, the only reason to pledge the full amount IS the stretch goals. You are giving an interest free loan otherwise, which is less desirable for people who could otherwise do things with that money.

Phil, maybe you missed it, but your reasoning for dropping to $1 is NOT the reason people were doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Wow, that's pretty daft. Normally, I think box perks are dumb as stretch goals...BUT NOT WHEN THEY CAN HOLD EVERYTHING! shake

Yeah, I was a black plague backer, and pretty much all in on this one.

I guarantee the box won't hold *everything* for me.

"Daft" is a pretty good word to describe a box sg for 5 million.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the box and just took a look at all stretch goals that were unlocked and am impressed and happy with my pledge. I don't really care which order the SG's were unlocked, I only cared if the overall package was worth my $120. Not for everyone, but for a certain group of my friends our games of Black Plague are a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Bartnik
msg tools
Street Masters was pretty dang close.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/street-m...

They changed the layout/format of the cards after comments. They changed several poses and character cards. They were very responsive and vocal. One of the best ones I've ever seen. And the game seems very fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
MGAC wrote:

BGG Kickstarter is replete with these kinds of idiots.

Fixed that for you.

BGG 'and' Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

I am happy with everything we get. But you should note the box will not hold everything (I wish that were the case). If you are traveling or demoing you will still have to carry numerous boxes.

The Core Game Box
The Horde Box
The Friends and Foes Box
The No Rest for the Wicked Box
And the boxes for any other Add-ons you got

And if you are bringing your ZBP stuff along with you, you're carrying a ton of stuff. But, at least it will look nice when you have it in storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand, but something to hold all of the exclusive stuff alone is better than nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People do realize the Horde Box was never advertised as being able to hold everything, right?

Just the unlocked stretch goals.

So it's like one of those boxes the Huntsman pledge came in, except bigger and with fancy artwork. Which is fine by me.

I do wonder if they leave extra room for North and Liam, since they were not stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm wondering how deep it'll end up being. I'd like to get 3 zombicide boxes into one cube of my detolf, and divide stuff up between Tile box, Zombie box, and Hero box. Currently the third box with be wulfsburg, which is a touch shorter than I'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope all 47 people who felt slighted by an upgraded box for the SGs post videos of them burning theirs.

That'll show'em!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
skies wrote:

I also condense everything down to the retail box and expansion. Makes it easier to travel with...though realistically for me that means from my bookshelf to my table... Anyway, I just chalked this SG up as "not for me" but I'm not going to throw an entitled fit about it. My pledge was already $1 but that's because I was already planning on seeing how MD was before I committed. That was day 1 of the KS campaign I decided that and never changed my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked for the box after seeing it for Rising Sun, no complaining here!

Frankly, there's enough heroes. I'm not a huge fan of the dead celebrities or superheroes. I'd rather have more original characters and more quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almeras Fella
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I don't see the point in the box or why people asking for the box, maybe as a early unlock but not the final goal.

If you're really serious grab one of these (esp if your stuff is painted) https://www.feldherr.net/feldherr-value-set-for-the-complete.... I was glad to get rid off the the boxes into one neat carry case (I just wish they had an off the shelve option for Descent 2nd ed). Makes break down and set up much faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
almeras wrote:
I don't see the point in the box or why people asking for the box, maybe as a early unlock but not the final goal.

If you're really serious grab one of these (esp if your stuff is painted) https://www.feldherr.net/feldherr-value-set-for-the-complete.... I was glad to get rid off the the boxes into one neat carry case (I just wish they had an off the shelve option for Descent 2nd ed). Makes break down and set up much faster.

A lot of folks like it when their game shelves are pretty, organized, and appealing . It becomes more of a decoration than just a storage option.

Those carrying cases do look nice but are expensive. That's the cost of the two major add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, they are expensive. No doubt about that. But considering how much I spent on the kickstarter, and that I've painted nearly everything, I felt it was worth it to protect and organize my investment. So for me, it was a storage option more than decoration. The plain gray color does nothing to add to the other nice art of my other game boxes (war of the ring, for example). Decoration was definitely not a motivation for my purchase.

Black plague had alot of little guest boxes and little packaging (doors, plastic tokens, deck holders) that would not have have fit safely in just the core and wulfsburg boxes. Those dozen boxes would have been a nightmare to sort through when trying to pick and choose heroes to play or which aboms/necros to include in the session.

That said, with the Green Horde big box, I'll probably shift to using an insert for the existing boxes. There should be plenty of room for the extras (assuming the stretch goal box also fits the feral dragon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almeras Fella
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:

A lot of folks like it when their game shelves are pretty, organized, and appealing . It becomes more of a decoration than just a storage option.

Those carrying cases do look nice but are expensive. That's the cost of the two major add-ons.

They are expensive but after all that time painting it made sense, I like the fact its hidden away I didn't want my office doesn't to feel like a toy store. I have some stick printer labels to which it added ZC art work to make nice themed labels. You could (if you wish) wrap the boxes in printed out box art then paint PVA over it (like decoupage)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.