Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Authority Poker Chips rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy O
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got into Star Realms recently. I'm really enjoying it but (like many) I find the authority cards to be a bit of a pain.

I looked at some of the excellent authority tracker dials people have posted in the files section but decided I wanted something a bit more tactile. I've always enjoyed playing with poker chips so decided to modify some to use with Star Realms.

This was my first attempt at doing this and it worked out pretty well. I printed the designs onto label paper and gave them a couple of coats of spray varnish. I used a 25mm circle punch to cut them out and stick them to both sides of each chip.

I was worried that the thickness of the paper would get rid of the familiar poker-chip-clink as they were stacked and moved. But no - they still feel and sound the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never liked the Authority cards from Star Realms. They are what turned me off when I saw it demo'ed. They almost stopped me from getting the game that I've played more than anything else the last several years. I really like the user-generated authority cards that show, with two cards each, the current authority level. It's my favorite way to keep track.

That said, I really like your poker chip approach. They don't fit into the card box, to be sure, but if the sensory pleasures of handling poker chips makes your day, more power to you! Nice job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this approach as well. If this were a Kickstarter - I'd be in all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.