The Battle of Five Armies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Control of a Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Imparato
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

If a shadow army leaves or is completely destroyed in a settlement space, but no free people army is able to move into the space, does the shadow player retain control of the space for victory point purposes and whether the free people can place recruitment markers?

I assume the answer is yes, hence the reason for the shadow control markers, but I've seen no clear answer in the rules.

Thanks,

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Morin
United States
New Port Richey
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Dave,

Copied from the rules:

CONTROLLING FREE PEOPLES
SETTLEMENTS
When a Shadow Army enters a region containing a Free Peoples Settlement, the Settlement falls under the control of the Shadow player and a Control marker is placed on it to mark this status.
If a Free Peoples Army unit (not a character or Eagles) moves into that Settlement later in the game, the Control marker is removed.
If an Army moving multiple times crosses a Settlement, it can place (or remove) a Control marker – It is not necessary for an Army to end its movement there.
Note: Moving into an empty settlement is not considered an attack, even if it’s controlled by the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Imparato
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much Thomas! I don't know how I missed that!

All the best,

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.