Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for sleeves that can hold 6 (or, ideally, 12) standard-sized LCG cards that are sleeved separately in Ultra Pro single-color sleeves. A single Ultra Pro penny sleeve can hold 6 or 12 unsleeved cards, but I've no idea what size I'd need if I want to sleeve everything. Does anyone know what size I should look for?

As to why I'd need such a thing - I play Star Wars: The Card Game a lot, and, since cards come in sets of 6, you have 2 copies of each set and you have to use the entire set together, it makes sense for me to keep each set together. Until now I've been satisfied with keeping both copies of each set in a single penny sleeve, but since I play with sleeved cards and I frequently build and disassemble decks, I spend more time than I'd like just sleeving and unsleeving cards, so now I'm thinking about sleeving everything, but I'd like to keep my current system as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nell
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a zip lock bag? If you go to a crafts store they'll have them in various sizes. Generally sleeves don't have a lot of wiggle room so you'd have to buy a greater size for the extra play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a stack of ultrapro 9-pocket pages. (You can get a box of 100 pages for ~$30).

Put as many cards as you want in each pocket. About 3 with those thick coloured sleeves per pocket is doable. If you use penny sleeves then ~4-5. I'd aim for 2-per pocket so it's easier to slide them in and out quickly, plus 6 is divisible by 2, so looks nicer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try here: Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also ask in the forums for the games you require the sleeves for.
In the past I have found the best information from the people who own and play the game.
Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually forgotten about ziplock bags, thanks!

9-pocket pages and such aren't quite good for me because I want to keep all 6 cards of a set together - as in in a single pocket. Those pockets are too large for 6 unsleeved cards but too small for 12, but, as you pointed out, they're too small for 6 sleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.