Subject: Recommendations for a worker placement for two players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Orkun Tugan
Turkey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello to all;

My wife and I are new to the hobby and have a very small collection (For now ). Currently our favourite is castles of burgundy. Because of this, we are going to purchase Grand Austria Hotel.
And also we want to purchase a worker placement game. We have narrowed down to Village and T'zolkin. So now i need your help Which one is more suitable for a 2 player game? Also do you have any other recommendations and why?

Thanks in advance for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't call Village a worker placement game. Also, I think both games mentioned are good, but not great. Tzolk'in is a little more complex.

For a worker placememt game that is a bit simpler than Castles of Burgundy, I recommend Stone Age or Lords of Waterdeep.
If you are looking for something a little more complex, take a look at Caylus or Agricola.

All of those games work very well with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird I totally think of Village as a worker placement game. Anyhow I came to suggest Targi but now I think it might be too simple for the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orkun Tugan
Turkey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought of Targi but it is language dependent. It is quite difficult to find games in Turkey and due to this my criteria is for language independent or multilanguage games because mostly i order my games from amazon.de. Thanks for the recommendation for though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to try one of Uwe Rosenberg's big farming-themed WP games, try Fields of Arle as it is gorgeous and the specific 2p game in the "series".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T'zolkin - I think it plays just as good at all player counts. How can you not like the gears on the board? It offers such a neat combination of choices to make due to the timing challenges.

I also own village but have yet to play it. It hasn't really drawn me in the way some games do. I got a great deal on it so I bought it and I will get yo it at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Perrine
msg tools
mbmb
I would say worker placement is probably one of me and my wifes favorite type of mechanic. We both love The Castles of Burgundy and Grand Austria Hotel. As far as additional two player worker placement games, I would suggest:

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small
Dungeon Petz
La Granja
New Bedford
Stone Age

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mperrine wrote:

New Bedford also has bot players. So you can also play a 3, 4 or 5p game with two people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Arle, no question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
TimTix wrote:
If you want to try one of Uwe Rosenberg's big farming-themed WP games, try Fields of Arle as it is gorgeous and the specific 2p game in the "series".

Sure, it's (So) great, but it's very language dependent, 20 pages of rules. After learning the rules, the icons do a good job of reminding, but that's only after the well written rules. Also much more complexity and paths than CoB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.