Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: KS 3 on the horizon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I'm reading the right signs, Onslaught Three will start soon, July 10th.
Will there be Early Birds?
An 'Everything New' pledge level?
Boxes like the faction boxes to store the monsters and their cards in?
I've read about a new faction, new monsters and a new map. New sculpts for the original acolytes. Variant rules for Cthulhu.
Anything more I should know before I once again start the appropriate rituals with my credit card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing truly concrete has been mentioned, though I do believe there's gonna be a new Hound of Tindalos mini and a new Cthulhu sculpt.

Ia! Yog-Sothoth! Ia! Azathoth! Ia! Sandy Petersen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new map is probably my favorite map. It is even fun to play with new players. The fact that it falls apart around everyone is wonderful at forcing everyone to fight over the scraps.

The new faction is a blast to play...even with no Great Old One(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavens above!!! At least let us catch our breath. I only got most of my OS2 yesterday...surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unplugged wrote:
I've read about a new faction, new monsters and a new map. New sculpts for the original acolytes. Variant rules for Cthulhu.
Anything more I should know before I once again start the appropriate rituals with my credit card?

We don't do EB anymore but be there on day one to show your support
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Unplugged wrote:

I most definitely will!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Unplugged wrote:

Is the 10th of July still the expected "Go" date for OS3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unplugged wrote:
No early birds from PG as stated above. You should subscribe to their newsletter right now though; previously they've given free stuff (e.g. GitD Cthulhu) to subscribers for free when others had to pay.
Everything new pledge level would be a given IMO, why wouldn't they make it easy to spent money on all the stuff? And during OS2 they stated that they wanted to make true everything new pledges, which they did in the gods war.
Empty boxes are unlikely, shipping is charged by volume so will be prohibitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Unplugged wrote:
No early birds from PG as stated above. You should subscribe to their newsletter right now though; previously they've given free stuff (e.g. GitD Cthulhu) to subscribers for free when others had to pay.
Everything new pledge level would be a given IMO, why wouldn't they make it easy to spent money on all the stuff? And during OS2 they stated that they wanted to make true everything new pledges, which they did in the gods war.
I think an "Everything New in OS3" pledge level is likely. I think an "Everything Ever for CW" pledge level is unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
99% likely pushing start date back because of O2 shipping troubles. But not much!

GET ON OUR NEWSLETTER! Then you will know when the Stars are Right!

https://petersengames.com/newsletter/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Unplugged wrote:
I think an "Everything New in OS3" pledge level is likely. I think an "Everything Ever for CW" pledge level is unlikely.

"Everything ever for CW" sounds veeery nice, that's exactly the pledge level I would love to have. So I hope it WILL come! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bateyes wrote:
Talae wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Unplugged wrote:

"Everything ever for CW" sounds veeery nice, that's exactly the pledge level I would love to have. So I hope it WILL come! :-)
PG have already stated multiple times that this is highly unlikely, but for your (and everybody else who's coming fresh to the game) sake I'm hoping it will turn out to be feasible for them to offer it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Speidel
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
what are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I could handle an all in pledge... my wallet will never forgive me if I did that. Soooooo, as a newbie, what are the must must haves from the previous Kickstarter? Like a top 5 kind of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nagoya5 wrote:
I don't think I could handle an all in pledge... my wallet will never forgive me if I did that. Soooooo, as a newbie, what are the must must haves from the previous Kickstarter? Like a top 5 kind of a deal.

IMHO:

1. Factions
2. Upgraded components (i.e. cardboard faction sheets)
3. iGOOs
4. Neutral Monsters
5. Maps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nagoya5 wrote:

I would say the 3 original faction expansions, the Azathoth Neutral Expansion, a map expansion, and maybe 3D Gates, which, while unnecessary to play the game, are probably the most essential of all the "bling" items. They really tie the room together.

So, in list form:

1. Opener of the Way
2. Sleeper
3. Windwalker
4. Azathoth
5. A Map expansion (your pick, but they're all cool)
6. 3D Gates

7. Oh, yeah, you'll definitely want to upgrade the faction sheets to punch board. They're so much more solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nagoya5 wrote:
Short answer: It depends, generally factions are recommended as the most impactful, once you have one or two of those consider the different maps and Azatoth.
EDIT: After seeing Aaron's post I realized I forgot about High Priests. Definitely get those, they really change up the game with little rules overhead (and low cost)
Also, the 3D gates are IMO the most necessary cosmetic item. So much nicer looking and easier to see during the game.

Longer answer can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1549603/what-adds-most-bang... (first comment is a link to another thread on the same topic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nagoya5 wrote:
You are going to get differing opinions here. Just about everyone will agree factions should be first. Which order will vary, but you likely want them all.

Next many will say HP.

After that is up to you if you go for a map (6-8 player Earth if you have the player count), or start in on IGOOs or Monster packs.

Bling packs are great too. The gates and thick faction sheets are my favorite, The other stuff is great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:

Next many will say HP.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about High Priests. You will probably want those too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Speidel
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
what are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the quick replies, it sounds like I need

1. A new faction or two. I did some reading and I like the idea of the neutral factions and the Opener of the Way

2. Cardboard player boards

3. Plastic 3D gates

And that will probable be my limit. Although I did some glow in the dar figures. Any chance those will be available again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Expansion factions, HP's, and additional maps would be my recommendation for best bang for the buck to get variety. Afterwards the neutrals offerings would certainly be a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems the signs are telling us the KS will be postponed, so you can find out even more about the game before selecting your pledge.

Imho base game plus High Priest are no-brainers.
I'd go for more factions after, then more maps, then more monsters.
And then maybe the first player token you like the most.

But it's easy for me, I will simply select 'Everything New' at the next Ks anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts:

Playable factions, whichever you like the look of most. Opener, Sleeper, Windwalker, TchoTcho.

Then High Priests and the other Maps. I like Dreamlands best of the original ones, though the Library is great fun and may be edging it now.

I very rarely use the indy monsters, indy goos, or the Azathoth faction. They're great figures and I'm glad I have them, but they don't get nearly as much use as the rest. The other expansions change the game up without needing everyone to be experienced enough to cope with the extra power combos. The indies are really for experienced groups, IMO.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
We will not have Early Birds.

We will have an Everything New pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Bateyes wrote:
Talae wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Unplugged wrote:

PG have already stated multiple times that this is highly unlikely, but for your (and everybody else who's coming fresh to the game) sake I'm hoping it will turn out to be feasible for them to offer it!

Mhmm, that would be sad for me, I really really hope PG will think about it again. I've tested the game a short while ago and it's absoltely gorgeous in my opinion... the minis, the gameplay, the atmosphere and all the other elements. It's one of the rare games that are absolutely worth to pay much money to get everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.