Subject: Rules missing from Rulebook v1.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoff Jordaan
South Africa
Pretoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rulebook makes no mention about how traps and countermeasures differ from regular diagrams. how do they work?

(Sure I could watch one of the videos to figure it out but I like being able to reference a game's rules in written form)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question Christoff!

Currently the Trap and Counter Measure info is described on one of three small Reference Cards (the other 2 have the Diagram Symbols and Dice Actions for each player).

This being on a card adds a few little nuances to the game like bluffing your opponent (e.g. I draw a non-Trap Diagram, but I pick up the Trap Reference Card and look it over before setting my Diagram orientation).

However, your point is noted and I think we will elect to add this card's info to the rulebook in future printings to ensure that everything can be found in one place.

Thanks for the question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite games and one of the best solo games on the market is Mage Knight Board Game. One of the worst things about it is how many rules are not in the rulebook but rather on reference cards.

Reference cards should be used as a rules reference as their name implies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point Stephen! Noted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sutherland
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takeoutdinner wrote:

Currently the Trap and Counter Measure info is described on one of three small Reference Cards (the other 2 have the Diagram Symbols and Dice Actions for each player).

My Kickstarter copy only has the 2 reference cards for the symbols, no 3rd reference card. Nor do i see that even referenced in the component list.

Can we get the rules for using the trap and counter/measure cards posted somewhere.

We played it tonite and just left those out as it seems like they should have more based on the name on the card than just get VPs when the opponent does something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don...the other reference card and the third die came on top of the box when I received mine. They weren't packed inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sutherland
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Found them. Fortunately I hadn't thrown out the packaging it came in because I totally did not see those when i took the box out of the bubble wrap, and they were still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hultquist
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had my third die included in the box (already secured in the packaging) but I did not receive a third reference card. Hmmm. I did scour the packaging to no avail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.