Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I unsummon my efreet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Noble
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
I have an efreet following me around but there is an item I have which would make me want to unsummon it then resummon it after the cool down. I can't see anything about it in the rules in companions or in powers.

If yes, is it the same for all companions?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. From what I can tell, the rules don't say one way or the other. Other hero powers that use tokens usually say you can remove it voluntarily but the companions I don't believe say that. I know the Efreet leaves fire in it's area when it dies so unsummoning it could bypass that effect which may be against what the designers intended. Also when you die, it automatically unsummons... but I'm sure that's not what you would like to do

So... short of an official ruling by Simone, no clue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Good question. From what I can tell, the rules don't say one way or the other. Other hero powers that use tokens usually say you can remove it voluntarily but the companions I don't believe say that. I know the Efreet leaves fire in it's area when it dies so unsummoning it could bypass that effect which may be against what the designers intended. Also when you die, it automatically unsummons... but I'm sure that's not what you would like to do

I would suggest that you can't in the absence of special card text. Enemies get powers for killing companions - this seems like an easy way to circumvent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

For game balance, Companions can't be "unsummoned", sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look Efreet buddy, I know there's a big Troll over there, but you can take him on all by yourself! You just got to believe that you won't be killed horribly and oh by the way, I'll see you in a couple rounds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Noble
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks Simone, and thanks Kevin, you made me chuckle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Noble
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
RezardVareth wrote:
kevinjohn3d wrote:

I would suggest that you can't in the absence of special card text. Enemies get powers for killing companions - this seems like an easy way to circumvent.

Good point Rezard, I hadn't thought of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.