Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Regarding (map) trophy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Parisa
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I have a question regarding place card "Remote town" which has this ability: (map) trophy: perform a free Market action.
My understanding of rules is: map means as long as card remains on map ie not removed via successful encounter, and trophy means when an encounter is defeated! So how does this work? If I succeed at encounter I either
1. Get the card as rumour or 2. in this case get a title, and it gets removed. So these two ( trophy and map ) can't coexist!
What is the correct action here?
Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as you beat this encounter you will both gain it into your hand (or choose the other reward it offers) and also gain the one time trophy of a free market action that must be used at that moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Map" just means that while that card is on the map, it has some form of effect, in this case, a Trophy upon defeating it. You get the normal rewards plus optionally you can complete a market action at the time of defeat for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisa
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Alrighty so I played very wrong whistle thank you kindly for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit001 wrote:
"Map" just means that while that card is on the map, it has some form of effect, in this case, a Trophy upon defeating it. You get the normal rewards plus optionally you can complete a market action at the time of defeat for free.

Doesn't this make the word "Map" redundant then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Map" indicates that the effects only occur when the card is encountered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisa
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I also think that it is not needed because trophies are by default rewards for encounters.
Admittedly keywords are always subject to zillions of interpretations, however in this game I think sometimes they are a bit over complicated for what the end result / variety of possibilities require.
Still, a great production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Straypop wrote:
Gambit001 wrote:

Doesn't this make the word "Map" redundant then?

I think so. I'm not a big fan of map as its either redundant or ambiguous. In this case just using trophy would have the same meaning and effect but it would be much more clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.