Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been told that one has to activate the Ogre before he can make a move, is this correct, if so where does it say in the rules?.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogres have the extraordinary skill "Bonehead".

Players with bonehead must roll a d6 before they do anything. If they roll a 1, they fail the bonehead roll and can take no further actions for the turn. They also lose their tackle zones until they pass a subsequent bonehead roll.

When people talk about activating the Ogre, they are talking about making the Bonehead roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what Rob said, your team also loses the declared action if you roll a 1. So you have to state what you're going to do first, then roll for the Bone Head skill. If it's a 1 and you declared blitz, foul, handoff, or pass, that action is no longer available for any player during the rest of that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, but according to the Ogre's card he has the skill Thick Skull, I cannot find any reference to bonehead.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb60 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but according to the Ogre's card he has the skill Thick Skull, I cannot find any reference to bonehead.

John B.

Where are you looking? He should have Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Throw Team-mate and Thick Skull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am looking at the card in my hand at the moment it lists skills as Block, Loner, Mighty Blow, Thick Scull, Throw, Team-Mate, That's all.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get the card? The Ogre model (at least mine) didn't come with a card, and I'm not aware of an official Ogre card. The rulebook that comes with the base game has a list of players that can play on the Human and Orc teams, and it lists their skills there, and Bone Head is listed for the Ogre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Card came with the Game which I bought 2 weeks ago. It came with 4 star player cards Morg N Thorg, Varag Ghoul-Chewer, Griff Oberwald and Mighty Zug. And I cannot find any reference to bonehead in the rules.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb60 wrote:
I am looking at the card in my hand at the moment it lists skills as Block, Loner, Mighty Blow, Thick Scull, Throw, Team-Mate, That's all.

John B.

Are you looking at Morg N Thorg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you tell me where in the rules it mentions Bonehead please.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work and I don't have my book with me, but look for the page that has the list of players and costs for a team. It's somewhere in the range of page 20 to 25, I think. It lists the player skills.

Also, like Luke said, are you looking at Morg 'N' Thorg? He's a Star Player, and doesn't have the same exact stats and skills as a standard Ogre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alienux wrote:
I'm at work and I don't have my book with me, but look for the page that has the list of players and costs for a team. It's somewhere in the range of page 20 to 25, I think. It lists the player skills.

Also, like Luke said, are you looking at Morg 'N' Thorg? He's a Star Player, and doesn't have the same exact stats and skills as a standard Ogre.

He also costs an arm and a leg - like 430k per match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb60 wrote:
Can you tell me where in the rules it mentions Bonehead please.

John B.

It's in the skills section. Extraordinary skills.

Here's a pdf of the skills someone put together.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/53op3zsjucqqpm3/BB_SkillsList_...

Basically for bonehead you declare your action for the ogre. You then roll for bonehead. 2+, you're good. If you roll a 1, he loses his tackle zone until you're able to successfully activate him on a future turn.

If you declare a blitz with the ogre and fail his bonehead roll, you still lose your blitz for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies, I found bonehead listed in the team member costs but I still cannot find it in the rules.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb60 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, I found bonehead listed in the team member costs but I still cannot find it in the rules.

John B.

Page 33 of the official rules.

Page 31 of Death Zone Season 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Again for the replies, You have all been a great help. I still haven't yet played a game, so your replies have been a very useful for me.

John B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb60 wrote:
Thanks Again for the replies, You have all been a great help. I still haven't yet played a game, so your replies have been a very useful for me.

John B.

Enjoy the game! It really is a great, fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.