5 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Germany» Forums » General

Subject: Can you play Germany without passengers? Balance? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the balance if you play Germany without passengers? This might be a very good pick up, if you can play with and without passengers. For nongamers you play normal Ticket to Ride, for gamers you play with passengers.
But how is the balance? I've read that the balance in Zug um Zug Deutschland, wasn't very good. The missing passengers from Ticket to Ride Marklin makes the gamescoring a bit unbalanced.
So i' m a little worried if I play this game without passengers. I understand I can play it, but is the game in balance?
I've compared the rules from Ticket to Ride Germany with Deutschland. And the tickets values seems a little different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
How is the balance if you play Germany without passengers? This might be a very good pick up, if you can play with and without passengers. For nongamers you play normal Ticket to Ride, for gamers you play with passengers.
But how is the balance? I've read that the balance in Zug um Zug Deutschland, wasn't very good. The missing passengers from Ticket to Ride Marklin makes the gamescoring a bit unbalanced.
So i' m a little worried if I play this game without passengers. I understand I can play it, but is the game in balance?
I've compared the rules from Ticket to Ride Germany with Deutschland. And the tickets values seems a little different.

Does anyone have a idea?

My opinion (after having played ZuZ: Deutschland a couple of times) is that the map itself is unbalanced, with long, high-scoring track in the east and short, time-consuming track in the west. Thus there has to be some compensation. Does the passenger mechanic from either Märklin or Germany give that compensation? Maybe and probably!

That is, when playing the map without any passengers, the tickets or bonus points must be very cleverly designed to make the game balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I believe the "Germany" map for the app is the same. It plays fine without passengers. The big change from other maps is that tickets are divided into short and long and you get your choice of which ones you want.

I haven't noticed balance issue, but I've only played against the AI (it's hard to get an online game with real players.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I have most of the ticket to ride maps and have been considering purchasing this also. My only reservation is I found the online game which is just the map and does not include the passengers to be a bit boring and predictable (atleast when I’ve played 2 player game, maybe 3 or more players is better?)

For example I would always end up claiming much the same route and grabbing lots of big tickets. It felt way to formulaic but I always wondered if this is because the passengers is missing? I’ve never had this problem with other maps. Does the passengers balance this game out? It seems the little tickets are not worth the effort, especially when you can get large score from big tickets (and big tracks) and still grab plenty of extra tickets.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.