Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Borg has announced that there will be only 12 new scenarios in the new French Expansion. That's cutting down about a third; but the same as the upcoming Tricorne game. Of course, he might later post some more for free.

Keeping in mind Mr. Borg's trend of grouping scenarios of the same battle or campaign together recently, I'd most like to see Verdun games. And the fact that flame throwers will be available (as Special Personnel figures) hints at that topic, as they were first introduced as a "secret weapon" in the first historical Verdun engagements. "They shall not pass!"

Assuming that very early war games will be saved for the announced "Warhorse" (1914) Expansion, What else would you like to see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think there was enough action around Verdun for 12 scenarios, but could cover the Nivelle Offensive in 1917.

Battles I'd look for;
Fort Douaumont
Fort Vaux
Morchée Trench
Fleury
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple I expect it will be broken up into 2 or 3 'series' of games, one of which will be Verdun, as they have been so far.

It doesn't look like the French will have any different "National Doctrine" as in Memoir 44, but the different historical scenarios using them will provide a difference.

The new Special Personnel rule seems very exciting, since you can customize your force easily without bothering with army point totals or other bookkeeping. This looks really good to me, as it will allow you to play each scenario differently each time, including the old ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
Do you think any of the French scenarios will incorporate the German field artillery that came with the tank expansion? I was rather disappointed that only two scenarios included it.... they're extremely cool looking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple I think the Field Artillery was specifically included as the first historical answer to the new Allied tanks. However, once the new mechanism of swapping out Special Personnel Figures is established, you could make an equivalency in swapping in things like an FA gun for say, six SPFs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.