4 Posts

One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cleave, and some basic questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A. I know that the cleave skill, like all skills, canonly be used once per encounter. But do the four dice increases need to be done at the same time?
For example, say I have two pink dice, one with a two and one with a three. My goal is to get a B. Can I use cleave (once) to increase the P2 to a P3, giving me two P3s, then trade in the two P3s for a heroic3, and then use cleave ( 2 of 4) to increase the heroic3 to a heroic 4???

B. Static burst and cleave both allow me to increase dice by 1 (although of course static burst only allows it for one die). Can I use both powers on the same die effectively increasing it by 2?

3. And I guess this overlaps with the above questions, but can I use cleave to increase a B3 to a b4, then static burst to get a Y4, and then stack static burst and cleave to increase the Y4 to Y6?? This takes things further than the first question because rather than just using a heroic power in between the Cleaves I'm actually using a different skill.......

4. As I understand persistence if I get two yellow dice with bad rolls I can exchange them for one yellow die and a heroic die and essentially reroll... correct?

5. How are you all keeping track of which skills have been used in any given encounter? Of course I could keep the dice used on the card but in some cases I want to reuse them immediately.... eg persistence...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
No - a skill has to be used in its entirety, all at one time.

Yes - you can increase the same die with two different skills.

Cleave increases four different dice by one each.

That's basically what Persistence does, yes.

You can put a damage marker or potion token on a skill to mark it as used if you're having trouble keeping track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
No - a skill has to be used in its entirety, all at one time.

Thanks so much for answering ---- and letting me know that I didn't actually win my first game of ODD cry !!
(It's one thing to find out I didn't win; it's a whole other level (pun intended) to be told that I cheated by the game's creator!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
Can I use cleave to increase a B3 to a b4, then static burst to get a Y4, and then stack static burst and cleave to increase the Y4 to Y6?? This takes things further than the first question because rather than just using a heroic power in between the Cleaves I'm actually using a different skill.

If you have a B3 and your goal is to get a B4 and a Y6, you can do the following:

1. Use Static Burst to get a Y4 (and a P4) and then increase the Y4 to Y5.
2. Use Cleave to increase the B3 to B4 and the Y5 to Y6 (and increase up to 2 other dice by 1 each).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.