Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Escape Room: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: 2 games 1 decoder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I play 2 different scenario's with two groups at the same time, using 1 decoder?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
Can I play 2 different scenario's with two groups at the same time, using 1 decoder?


I don't think so. If I recall, the 2nd and future correct answers are dependent on the prior code being triggered. Once one group completes a code, the other scenario's codes won't be recognized.

Of course that is just opinion, I'll have to test that.

What I don't have to test that will help your decision is that there is only one clock. When a group enters the incorrect code, time is taken off the clock. Now that would be time penalizing both groups.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Joel22 wrote:
Can I play 2 different scenario's with two groups at the same time, using 1 decoder?


I don't think so. If I recall, the 2nd and future correct answers are dependent on the prior code being triggered. Once one group completes a code, the other scenario's codes won't be recognized.

Of course that is just opinion, I'll have to test that.

What I don't have to test that will help your decision is that there is only one clock. When a group enters the incorrect code, time is taken off the clock. Now that would be time penalizing both groups.


The big issue: The clock stops when you enter the 3rd code. The other team will not be able to enter their 3rd code.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to take the credit for this, as I didn't do the research, but there is at least one post about this elsewhere. Don't have the time to find it now.

Spoilers about the working of the decoder:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
From test it seems that the decoder just has 3 list of possible codes for the different stages. It checks if a code is entered from the first list, and approves if it is on it. if not, time is deducted, if correct,
it switches to the next list. After receiving a correct answer from the list for the 3rd stage, it will stop the timer.


Based on this, it is not possible to play with 2 groups at the same time.

Edit: found back the original post. It does a lot better explanation than I did: Re: How does the decode know which scenario you're playing?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all of you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And is it possible to play the same level with different groups (with extra prints from the website) at the same time? When your group thinks they have the solution, you write down the time and code. And then look on the internet for the right code? So you know which group has won?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
And is it possible to play the same level with different groups (with extra prints from the website) at the same time? When your group thinks they have the solution, you write down the time and code. And then look on the internet for the right code? So you know which group has won?


No.

The materials are typically small and can only really be read by one person at a time.

Not all materials are available to print off the website, only the ones that the Players are reasonably expected to destroy.

If you want to run a race between two teams, get two base sets.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.