Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geese are bastards. They cackle at you and are even more aggressive when they have kids. The even hiss at you, even if you didn't notice them, but during you walk you was somewhere else with your mind. Even from meters away, when you are only just passing their nest. But the bastards among the bastards are definitely Canada Geese.

I am often on the countryside and I notice the increase in numbers of Canada Geese here on this side of the ocean, where they don't belong. They even push away our own local geese and ducks.

Recently I was in a safaripark. I saw our standard good-hearted duck just swimming, till he wanted to step out of the water. Then an canadian bounder came from meters away to push him back. Is that how to behave as a guest! That duck was born here, raised here and has the right to be here!

A little later I was walking on the path through that same safaripark. And alongside there were standing some of those canadian rogues. I told them, "You don't belong here! And you don't belong here! And you don't belong here either!". What do you think! Did they fly the whole way back to Canada? Hell no! They were just staring at me with that arrogant look, that meant to say "We're here to stay". No way!

Canadians, it's time that you take your responsibility! Keep you geese with you! I don't know what your national dishes are, but outside the frenchspeaking areas it can't be much. Caribou Nuggets of McBeaver or something like that. May I suggest to add the Canada Goose to your national dish and that you eat one every week. And that you stuff your jackets and pillows with their feathers. That way the problem could be solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what they taste like... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The occupation has only BEGUN!
Have fun with them. We don't want them either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seekrit Canadian Plan to TAKE OVER TEH WORLD!!

1. Export Canadian "niceness", especially via celebrity infiltration, to lull everyone into complacency.
2. Send in the Canadian Geese troops, fully packed with poop.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

They used to be protected. But that was before 2011:
Some legalese, found on the internet, if you can trust that wrote:

Canada goose has been moved from Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 of the Wildlife Act. This means the species is no longer managed by fish and game councils but is now “not protected”.

Anyone can hunt or kill geese at any time of year without a need for a game licence. Permits are no longer required to control geese on private land. Hunters wanting to hunt geese on conservation land still need to obtain a hunting permit but no longer need a game licence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your country should build a wall....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Richard Tuft
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That goose looks pretty fanatical. Soon they'll be riding around in white pick-up trucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWulffman wrote:
The occupation has only BEGUN!
Have fun with them. We don't want them either.

Just like Justin Bieber!

Thanks (for nothin')!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Something something something moosecock.

Be careful there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

They used to be protected. But that was before 2011:
Some legalese, found on the internet, if you can trust that wrote:

Canada goose has been moved from Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 of the Wildlife Act. This means the species is no longer managed by fish and game councils but is now “not protected”.

Anyone can hunt or kill geese at any time of year without a need for a game licence. Permits are no longer required to control geese on private land. Hunters wanting to hunt geese on conservation land still need to obtain a hunting permit but no longer need a game licence.

You could always hunt them as migratory birds (at least in my lifetimd).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Secrest
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anemaat wrote:

I don't know what your national dishes are, but outside the frenchspeaking areas it can't be much. Caribou Nuggets of McBeaver or something like that.

LMAO!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to bet goose tongue would be delicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
I'm willing to bet goose tongue would be delicious.

Come over and eat as much as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fuentes
msg tools
mb
Was reading "Fly by Wire: The Geese, the Glide, the Miracle on the Hudson" - a great book - and learned a good bit about geese (there was an entire chapter on them). One thing that surprised me was that many places in the U.S. actually began stocking non-migratory geese years ago because people thought they added a nice touch and didn't like to see them leaving out of season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From that linked Wikipedia article it looks like we are trying to control them - perhaps they need to be hunted commercially instead of on an individual ad hoc basis?
devil
Quote:
Canada geese are also among the most commonly hunted waterfowl in North America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
A sure sign of autumn here in KC is when we see the Canada geese start migrating. My wife and I saw a small flock of them flying the other morning, but they weren't headed south. Instead, they looked to be headed east to a small, multi-acre pond a few blocks over. There's a group of them that seem to winter-over there, as the water never gets cold enough to fully freeze.

I believe there's also a decent-sized flock that lives year-round on a similar pond at 95th and Metcalf (NE corner), at the former Sprint campus. Or it could be the same flock that just travels back and forth, since the two ponds are about 10-12 miles apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

They are ok if you can cook them right. Kinda greasy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

They are ok if you can cook them right. Kinda greasy.
I thought Western Europeans loved foie gras. The Canadians just want you to be able to eat all the foods you love!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.