Hide
6 Posts

DOOM: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about some card effects and spaces occupied rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Rosa
msg tools
Cards like "Execution", "Rip and Tear" and "Enthusiasm" requires a figure to move into a space occupied by the other figure to take effect.

Enthusiasm: "During this activation, while you and a hostile figure occupy the same space, that figure's printed stagger value is reduced by 3"

Rip and Tear:
"During this activation, while you and a hostile figure occupy the same space, that figure's printed value is reduced by 4"

Execution: "Play this card when a demon moves into a space occupied by a marine who has suffered 8 or more damage."

My question is this: If a figure can't end it's movement on a space occupied by another figure, and large figures displace small figures. How do these cards work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek.

The first cards (for the marines) work with the glory kill rules: if a marine enters a square with a demon that has suffered sufficient damage to be staggered they destroy the demon, and the cards you mention reduce their stagger value i.e. they require less damage before they can be glory killed. Look in the rules for Glory Kill.

The final card is useful because large demons only displaces small figures when it ends it movement, and this card can be used during movement.

That's the best answer I can provide using a phone to type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't end your movement in a space occupied by another figure but you can move through spaces occupied another figure. No penalty to movement cost for moving through friendly spaces but movement costs 2 when moving through hostile figures.

So as a marine move into a space with a demon and glory kill them at the reduced stagger value. The execution card is a demon version of glory kill. Don't forget the extra movement cost since these actions are all moving into hostile spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blurpy RABID
United States
flag msg tools
mb
darkranex wrote:
You can't end your movement in a space occupied by another figure but you can move through spaces occupied another figure. No penalty to movement cost for moving through friendly spaces but movement costs 2 when moving through hostile figures.

So as a marine move into a space with a demon and glory kill them at the reduced stagger value. The execution card is a demon version of glory kill. Don't forget the extra movement cost since these actions are all moving into hostile spaces.

Be aware, however, that demons with the Flight ability (Cacodemons & Revenants) do not need to spend an extra movement point when moving into a square that is difficult terrain or occupied by a hostile figure. So playing Execution with flying demons becomes much easier to do!

The flying demons also benefit you greatly when they gain Argent Power tokens via the Execution card. Then you get more stun attacks or Homing Rocket attacks to dish out! Wheeee!!! >=3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sosa
msg tools
Now i just got some questions regarding the cards from the chainsaw set:

1- a marine plays rip and tear and enters to an imp space with full hp, does the imp gets glory killed? (since the stagger value now is none due to the card effect) or does the imp needs at least 1 damage to be glory killed?

2- if a marine plays the 3 card set for the chainsaw "enthusiasm > enthusiasm > rip and tear" does the stagger value reduced gets stacked? (In this case 10 points of stagger points decreased) Or it will only be lowered by the last card played?
Or must be played one at a time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sosa852 wrote:
Now i just got some questions regarding the cards from the chainsaw set:

1- a marine plays rip and tear and enters to an imp space with full hp, does the imp gets glory killed? (since the stagger value now is none due to the card effect) or does the imp needs at least 1 damage to be glory killed?

2- if a marine plays the 3 card set for the chainsaw "enthusiasm > enthusiasm > rip and tear" does the stagger value reduced gets stacked? (In this case 10 points of stagger points decreased) Or it will only be lowered by the last card played?
Or must be played one at a time?

I don't know the answer to #1. I'm secretly hoping there's something saying it has to have some damage. I got curb stomped as the invader last night as someone tore through 4 of my units without even thinking about it. Was pretty brutal.

For #2, the card states that the printed value is decreased. If this is to be played like most other FFG games, the printed value is static, so any decrease to it does not stack. Stagger = Printed, play enthusiasm so Stagger = printed - 3. Now play Rip and Tear so Stagger = printed - 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.