Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the effect of roads that extend into and through cities, towns, and ports on supply and movement? May one use the road through a city, town, or port that has not been captured to trace a supply line? My interpretation is no. May one use a road running through a town to benefit from the road movement rate? This seems more reasonable to me, especially if it's a friendly town, but once again my interpretation is no. Perhaps it's a simplification. Movement into enemy-controlled towns arguably shouldn't be at the road rate, so might as well apply it to all movement into and through cities, towns, and ports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl, you never responded to this post.

htjester wrote:
What is the effect of roads that extend into and through cities, towns, and ports on supply and movement? May one use the road through a city, town, or port that has not been captured to trace a supply line?

I think I saw the answer to this one elsewhere. Surprisingly, enemy-controlled but unoccupied towns do not block supply.

htjester wrote:
May one use a road running through a town to benefit from the road movement rate? This seems more reasonable to me, especially if it's a friendly town, but once again my interpretation is no. Perhaps it's a simplification. Movement into enemy-controlled towns arguably shouldn't be at the road rate, so might as well apply it to all movement into and through cities, towns, and ports.

Again, looking for clarification of this second question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemy-controlled cities and towns do not block supply lines, only enemy units do.

Yes you can use the road rate when moving through cities and towns, following the road path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.