Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Bradley
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played a few rounds of this game with friends last weekend, and by the end I was ready to tear the Copycat card to shreds! In a game where synchronicity is key, he is just way too strong. Especially if a player also snags the Chatterbox? That's enough to win the round on it's own.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Are we possibly playing the character wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also found that the Copycat is very, very strong. It will never be passed along. Similarly, the illustionist will typically move the Copycat or Chatterbox (or Player) around. These cards really dominate our attention. This was mitigated when including the "Bonus Apetit" extra characters, which ups the chance that the aforementioned cards will not be in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Shipman
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
I was a god, Valeria. I found it...beneath me.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Sorry, I haven't checked the threads in a while.

I don't think your analysis is wrong: the Copycat is very, very powerful. However, what I've found in playing is that because it is such a strong card on its own, the chances of it being flipped or stolen increase as everyone begins to value the cards in a similar manner during the draft.

That said, I completely understand your frustration if it wasn't possible to do anything about it with what you were dealt.

I don't know if you were, but I would recommend playing the "more difficult" variant wherein a face-down card acts as a wall and characters don't talk over the empty seats. I find that this makes taking the Copycat much more risky and I've second-guessed myself during the draft with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.