Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good evening everybody, I'm hitting you right up front and centre with the stats - BAM!

Project We Love, £64,474 pledged of £19,500 goal, 329% funded, 1,689 backers and just 24 blinking hours left to go!!!

This means we have now officially brutalised the backer total for Gloom of Kilforth where we drew upon the graciousness and strength of 1,481 brave souls.

I don't need to tell you how crucial it is that you get the word out there right now - we only have a day left to blast those FIVE remaining stretch goals! We've got a BGG take-over a planned for tomorrow and the 48 hour reminders have landed but it's going to be on the shoulders of you lovely people, our stalwart housecarls, to carry the burden of spreading the battle cry as far and wide as you possibly can.

So for the last time now here are those links - blast them out everywhere you can:

Kicktraq - https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/tristanhall/1152391877

BGG - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155122/1066-tears-many-m...

FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/1066Tears

Twitter - https://twitter.com/1066TTMM

Tumblr and Instagram - copy some art or an avatar and post up the link and share the love Like, Share, Comment, rinse, repeat Sixty Sixers, consider it your call to arms!

As for stretch goals, shall we just get straight on down to it, because wowsers, you guys have been busy indeed...

Stretch Goals!!

I'm going to have to hurry up with the descriptions on these because you keep unlocking them faster than I can keep pace with updating the page...

Two-Handed Axes!!

Much has been made of the lethality of the Saxons’ two handed axes. These guys could wield their axes with such force that they were literally able to cleave straight through the Norman cavalry, horse and rider both, and knowing this struck absolute terror into the hearts of their enemies. These brutal killing tools are represented specifically in the Saxon deck by this low cost (1) event card which can instantly kill a Norman unit with Zeal 0!

Taillefer!!

Legend has it that the battle of Hastings began after William's insane minstrel Taillefer bravely and single-handedly attacked the Saxon lines. He was quickly dispatched by the bemused Saxons, but his death was the starting whistle as it were for the match that lay ahead.

As such, Taillefer is a low cost, low strength character, but low cost cards have lots of uses in the game, especially early on and for dealing with objectives where sacrifices must be made. That said, following the theme, Taillefer also has a one shot special ability: you can sacrifice him to inflict a point of damage on any enemy in the same wedge!

Thanks to our backer Adrian Teroux for this little tidbit too: Taillefer in French means "one who hews (or forges) iron". Some believe his first name was 'Ivo'.

Aelfwig, Abbot of Winchester!!

Aelfwig was Harold's uncle and Abbot of New Minster, Winchester and along with twelve of his monks was slain during the battle. The monks fought with maces as they weren't allowed to draw blood (as anyone who has played a cleric in D&D will know!), but for some reason the church didn't frown as much upon the crushing of bones and skulls with blunt instruments...

In the game Aelfwig provides a Zeal bonus to his wedge, but he also has the Book icon. This means you can tire him to generate one resource per round, thus reducing the cost of another card by 1. This is an incredibly useful ability but with only 1 Health Aelfwig is an easy target for archers.

Malcolm Canmore, King of Scots!!

Although not directly involved in the Battle of Stamford Bridge, Malcolm lent aid and influence to his ally Tostig when his raiding forces were defeated by Harold. As such Malcolm is represented in the game as another drain on Saxon resources, similar to Hardrada, causing the Saxons to discard cards. If the Normans manage to play Hardrada and Canmore in quick succession it could be devastating for the English...

English Spies!!

Just as the Norman scouts spied Harold’s approaching army, so local English spies informed Harold too of the strength and numbers of William’s troops. This gave Harold a small edge, and with their local knowledge of the lay of the land Harold was also able to choose and take up a strategic and effective defensive position atop Senlac Ridge. The Spies in the game are thus able to mess with the Normans' plans, and their slightly higher cost (2 versus Malcolm Canmore's 1) means they're a little cheekier: the Saxon player gets to inspect the Norman player's hand before choosing and discarding 2 cards. Watch out for these buggers!

Playmat!!

We're still working out the design and layout so this is nowhere near final (the fourth 'Tactics' column might move to the bottom of the Wedges for example), but I wanted to give you a peek at our progress on this super cool element of the game:

v1
v1

v2
v2

Okay, that's all for now, I'm off to click refresh whilst staring at those figures some more before heading off to bed at some ungodly hour.

Onwards, my dear friends, to that final push tomorrow, leave no quarter, take no prisoners, hoist those axes, and cleave those stretchies...

G'night,

Tristan xx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jokeroz wrote:
If the Normans manage to play Hardrada and Canmore in quick succession it could be devastating for the English...

It can and it does it's a virtual kick in the balls during the game, especially in Solo. Thankfully it has only happened once for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer v2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
v2 for me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both_Sides_of My_Table
United Kingdom
Market Drayton
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To go against the flow, I prefere v1 but only if all card placements were all the faded grey colour (the dark ones are too prominent). Oddly enough v2 as outlines, even though it allows more art to be seen, distracts me more for some reason. I just feel all those lines clutter the battlefield...but judging by current responses I am in a microscopic minority
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume the players are sitting opposite ends of the playmat and the fourth column is for tactics? I'm sure that's what Tristan is referring to in the text. This irks me slightly as then the battlefield columns aren't in line with the wedges themselves.

I presume the deck and discards are to the top of the pic? And that's the objectives directly in front of the player?

If there isn't enough room I wouldn't the tactics being off the mat as they aren't strictly on the battlefield anyway. Or even the deck & discards off mat. I'm still in for the mat whatever, I'm not worried as I know Tristan will sort this to the best that is able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ibbo wrote:
This irks me slightly as then the battlefield columns aren't in line with the wedges themselves.

Absolutely, me too and it will be getting changed (Tactics off the map might be the simplest solution). I just wanted to give you all a peek at where we were up to so we at least had something to show you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Canada
Calgary (Chestermere)
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Ibbo, good observation/suggestion. And Tristan, Thanks for being open for suggestions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit more partial to v2. In any event, the mat was a great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Stringer
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there going to be a pledge manager?

Can I add the mat on the pledge manager? After confirming it has spaces for the cards I've decided I do want one.

Separate issue. I got a notification from KS that my bank card was declined. I made sure there was enough in there the day before and there have been no funds withdrawn since. I've triple checked all of that. What gives? Does anyone have any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Davis, play mats will be made available in an upcoming update.
Any payment issues you'll have to take up with Kickstarter directly, but don't worry if it doesn't work out - just PM me and we'll sort it out as a late pledge through PayPal or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.