6 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Star Realms Frontiers is Coming! We need your help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Debbie Moynihan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are launching our first Star Realms Kickstarter since the launch of our company in 2013, and it is going live on July 11! We are looking for Star Realms players who love Star Realms for our upcoming Kickstarter. Watch this video from Rob https://youtu.be/qizDnqQVnaM if you are interested in sharing a testimonial to help grow the Star Realms community.

More details about the Kickstarter coming soon! You can sign up for updates at starrealms.com/frontiers and we will post updates here and via our general mailing list. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
So as it seems the best place to talk about the set:

I'm really curious as to what exactly this will bring to the world of Star Realms, but can't say I'll back for sure.

So far Colony Wars did introduce a slight balance change but I still find that rushing for Blue is the only real strategy that I enjoy, and the direct acquisition was sort of awkward and not well stressed, leading to players forgetting to put the card in hand. And when they did, it was overkill. The missions felt like overkill too. I liked the idea but not the execution.

I hope Frontiers really breaks new ground but if it doesn't and there are not enough incentives to back (I'm talking about discounts more than exclusives. I don't like exclusives), I'll just wait for retail and maybe not get the game at all.

That's not to say I don't like the game, but I wouldn't see the point of adding another base set that doesn't really do anything, and so far I haven't been impressed by the leaked cards. At this point the ships and bases themselves need to do something new. I love heroes, I like events, I like gambits, I dislike missions and I look forward to scenarios, united cards were a good idea and I enjoy them, but the base game cards are too simple and kind of meh. It works, but it fails to impress or cause excitement.

So, looking forward to this campaign, but not necessarily to back it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie Moynihan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there will be definitely be some new things that we haven't revealed yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the kickstarter allow me to buy extra copies of kickstarter only content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll almost certainly back this, though I am curious how the new set will address the power creep that has been occurring. Each of the various expansions seem to result in shorter and shorter games, essentially making many of the vanilla cards obsolete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
d3bd3b wrote:
there will be definitely be some new things that we haven't revealed yet!

Okay I'm excited

HomerJr wrote:
I'll almost certainly back this, though I am curious how the new set will address the power creep that has been occurring. Each of the various expansions seem to result in shorter and shorter games, essentially making many of the vanilla cards obsolete.

Anyone who doubts this needs to play co-op/solo challenges with base game, then colony wars, then add expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.