RJ O

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this include the cards you have played on the table or only the ones in your hand?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hajjir2 wrote:
Does this include the cards you have played on the table or only the ones in your hand?


Just the ones in your hand.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Kintanar
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
does this mean we'll have 7 cards in age 2?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bkintanar wrote:
does this mean we'll have 7 cards in age 2?


Yes. If you have at least one card in your hand at the end of an Age, you will be starting the next Age with 7 cards in your hand after drafting.

You are just never allowed to bring more than one card with you across the Age transition.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkintanar wrote:
does this mean we'll have 7 cards in age 2?


Yes, man. 1 + 6 = 7.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
bkintanar wrote:
does this mean we'll have 7 cards in age 2?


Yes, man. 1 + 6 = 7.


You just blew my mind.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ny Na
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
gert74 wrote:
bkintanar wrote:
does this mean we'll have 7 cards in age 2?


Yes. If you have at least one card in your hand at the end of an Age, you will be starting the next Age with 7 cards in your hand after drafting.

You are just never allowed to bring more than one card with you across the Age transition.

Also, the question came up when I played if you could keep an Age 1 card into Age 3. We found nothing in the rules that prevented this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
_nyna wrote:
Also, the question came up when I played if you could keep an Age 1 card into Age 3. We found nothing in the rules that prevented this.

Yes you can.

This can be a viable tactic and some cards are very effective in Age III.
Like the +X battle card - or only play Fenrir at the end of age III.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jonas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Teowulff wrote:
_nyna wrote:
Also, the question came up when I played if you could keep an Age 1 card into Age 3. We found nothing in the rules that prevented this.

Yes you can.

This can be a viable tactic and some cards are very effective in Age III.
Like the +X battle card - or only play Fenrir at the end of age III.


Hi,
please can I ask you, where did you find this statement?

I am reading the official rulez (page 20) and there is writen:,,In the Third Age players should discard all cards, completely emptying their hands,,

I guess, there is a little bit unclear if this is valid before entering to Age 3 or after finishing it.

And about keeping updates - it is logical, that you keep them on the board for whole game (e.g. you pick Troll in Age 1 and it is illogical, that he leaves you after Age 1), but is it written anywhere in rulez? There is written, then you can keep only 1 card to the next Age.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumano123 wrote:
I am reading the official rulez (page 20) and there is writen:,,In the Third Age players should discard all cards, completely emptying their hands,,

I guess, there is a little bit unclear if this is valid before entering to Age 3 or after finishing it.


Discard phase is after the Action phase. So Age III discard is after the final Action phase of the game which is why there is no reason to keep any cards at that point.

Kumano123 wrote:
And about keeping updates - it is logical, that you keep them on the board for whole game (e.g. you pick Troll in Age 1 and it is illogical, that he leaves you after Age 1), but is it written anywhere in rulez? There is written, then you can keep only 1 card to the next Age.


It is not stated explicitly that you only discard cards in your hand. But the very paragraph you quoted from the rules above heavily insinuate that cards in hand are what the Discard phase is about.

And then common sense, of course...

Edit: Phase summary on the back of the rules says the following about the Discard phase: "Players discard their hands down to 1 card." I think that says it all.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jonas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for clarification!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so does the card you keep then go into the draft as well? or is it yours
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rusticchasm wrote:
so does the card you keep then go into the draft as well? or is it yours


It's on your hand. Not part of the draft in any way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.