Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Gtn
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Folks.

What's the best way to win the game?

Export? Wine Fair? Achievement? Etc etc etc.

Please share your experience and also the highest score you got in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of paths to victory, but I tend to focus on exporting and solid wine fair scores and adjust accordingly depending on how the game goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P A
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the export action is really the easiest way to get points. also, getting barrels from the magnates and the favors (ie extra actions) is really helpful, given that you have so few turns to do anything with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on player count, it is really good to focus on what the other players are not doing. I know it sounds obvious but it is true. If other players are hammering the fair hard, just phone it in and focus on exports. Work on favor tiles or getting well developed estates.

The game has many very doable paths to victory, there is no best way each time, just focus on the most points for least effort, in other words do what isn't being done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Smith
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun question. I can only contribute my experience from playing the classic edition, but one reason I love Vinhos is that everything matters. I find that it's all about reading the other players' intentions in order to correctly measure the amount of effort I should put in each area. I've had one sharp player in my group educate me (i.e. whip me soundly) by showcasing the power of the bank and sales actions. Another bright mind demonstrated how powerful early claims on the export market can be, even when they seemed to be sub-optimal play. I tend to favor the fair myself, but have definitely lost when I overemphasized it, and I've also learned to watch for people deliberately blocking me out of the magnate bonus spots in high player-count games.

...sure sounds like I've lost a lot, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.