Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions regarding movement and companions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Nilsson
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
* Am I allowed to enter the same area twice during the same movement action? Example: I have 4 steps left of my movement and I use one to round a corner where I get in LOS of some shadow tokens. I have to pause my movement and spawn the enemies, but after that am I allowed to use the rest of my steps to walk back around the corner where I came from to get out of LOS?

* Does companions count as a Hero? Example: the Night Time Event card reads "each attack caused by the heroes causes -1 hit", does this also apply to companions? All I can find in the manual is this "does not count as a hero in play during Events unless the Hero Count indicates 1 or more". So if this number show one or more they count as a hero in play which automatically makes them a hero, but if this shows 0 then they are not a hero in play but are they a hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to your first question is clearly "yes". Revealing shadows does not end your movement, and there is nothing to prevent you from entering/exiting an area multiple times on your activation.
It is actually a valid tactics to draw enemies closer!

The second one is a close one IMHO. The "spirit" of the rules feels to me that combat effects like the one you mention *should* affect companions, but the rules are not clear here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
C0M0DIN wrote:
* Am I allowed to enter the same area twice during the same movement action? Example: I have 4 steps left of my movement and I use one to round a corner where I get in LOS of some shadow tokens. I have to pause my movement and spawn the enemies, but after that am I allowed to use the rest of my steps to walk back around the corner where I came from to get out of LOS?

* Does companions count as a Hero? Example: the Night Time Event card reads "each attack caused by the heroes causes -1 hit", does this also apply to companions? All I can find in the manual is this "does not count as a hero in play during Events unless the Hero Count indicates 1 or more". So if this number show one or more they count as a hero in play which automatically makes them a hero, but if this shows 0 then they are not a hero in play but are they a hero?
My understanding is that they are a "hero" for all purposes except for being a "hero in play" when that specific term is used. But it needs to be that term (ie the spawn formula). Also, the hero count overrides that.

In all other respects they are heroes - e.g. for buff abilities, except they cannot be healed by a hero sourced effect. I'm not sure yet whether the totem can heal the bear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nilsson
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
That cleared things out a bit so thank you for the answers =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.