Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Level cap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Noble
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Hey guys, does anyone know why the max level is 4 for Act one? Is it because there isn't the full allowance of cards til wave 2? Or is it for balance. I'm wondering if when wave two comes, you'd just continue to level all the way, through the acts without stopping? If so I might put a hold on my campaign...

Loving it by the way.

Went with Onamor, Volkor and Tristan. Tristan's amazing, with his banner down to control, then his power that makes a controlled zone dominant just means he stands and tanks everyone. Volkor is my healer, and Onamor uses a combo of his Efreet, and then finishes off enemies with his Arcane bolt, if they are stubborn little blighters!

One tip, buy bandages, big ones, small ones, whatever you can afford!

Treasure effects I like (don't read if you don't want to know what features some treasure has):

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Arcane robe means Onamor can once per quest do three instant damage. Amazing when you're struggling with the last points on an armored monster. Also if you can afford it by the Sun strike 80gp scroll. It's amazing for an Emporium consumable.
Flying Maul for Volkor, is awesome for hitting extra targets with a bunch of damage and KO.
Tristan just got Flaming sword which I haven't used yet. But he also has Troll's Ring, perfect for a tank! I just managed to get him the Mirror Shield thing too, so he's just an absolute force.

In my last quest I kept drawing the loot treasure token, was great, but ran out of room for stuff! Felt like Diablo, when the enemies just spewed items! I was pretty lucky, although now I'm a bit broke.

I can't wait to try out more characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamienobes wrote:
Hey guys, does anyone know why the max level is 4 for Act one? Is it because there isn't the full allowance of cards til wave 2? Or is it for balance. I'm wondering if when wave two comes, you'd just continue to level all the way, through the acts without stopping? If so I might put a hold on my campaign...

I believe the intent is that you start at Act I and just level your characters straight up to Soul Rank VII through Act II and the side quests (unlike in Galaxy Defenders, where you basically respec your agents every expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.