Shaun Z
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tl;dr:
If you have Prime, and haven't signed in and streamed something marked a 'Prime video' on an eligible device yet, do it before July 7th to get a free $10 credit added to your account. Must be spent by 11:59 PM PST on Prime Day (July 11th). Credit shows up during checkout.

---

Link to Amazon for details.

From slickdeals post:

Amazon is offering Amazon Prime Members: $10 Amazon Credit When You Stream a Prime Video for The First Time (restrictions apply) on Eligible Devices during this promotional period when following the instructions listed below.

Note, offer is not eligible for the promotion if, prior to the entry period, you signed into your Prime account on an Eligible Device and streamed a Prime video (via the Eligible Device or any other device). The entry period for the promotion will run from 10:00 PM PT on June 28, 2017 until 11:59 PM PT on July 7, 2017.

1. A Prime membership is required to take advantage of the promotion. If you are already a Prime member, you can proceed to Step 2.
•If you do not have a Prime membership yet, you may
-(a) Sign up for a Prime membership with either a $10.99 monthly membership or a $99 annual membership or
-(b) if you have not already had a 30-day Prime free trial in the past 12 months, sign up for a 30-day Prime free trial.

2. Register your Prime account (by signing into your Prime account) on an Eligible Device (eligible devices)
•Fire TV
•Fire TV Stick
•Streaming Media Players (ex; Roku)
•Smart TVs
•Blue-Ray Players
•TIVO
•Game Consoles (Xbox/PlayStation)

3. Stream a Prime video included with your Prime membership on your registered Eligible Device.
•Videos included with your Prime membership are either labeled as "Prime" or included in a carousel labeled as "Prime." Any stream on a cell phone, tablet, or computer will not count toward completing this step.
•Streams via screen mirroring (e.g. connecting a cell phone, tablet or computer to a television) will also not be counted.

4. A $10 Amazon.com credit will be applied directly to your account within 3-4 business days, and by 11:59pm on July 10th at the very latest. When the credit is applied, you will receive an email confirmation that the credit has been applied to your account.
•The credit can be used for anything sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com, including digital purchases

---

So lots of restrictions, but if you have Prime and haven't really used Prime Video, great deal, ha..

[edit] Fixed links
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good deal, but lame that I'm ineligible because I've actually been using what I've paid for with Prime >
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Z
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
Good deal, but lame that I'm ineligible because I've actually been using what I've paid for with Prime >

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.. I know a lot of people who have Prime, but have never used Prime Video, so I thought maybe a handful of people here would be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Chip Theory Games ... I'm a believer!
badge
Hot Air Balloons ... nuff said!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a suggestion to try, but if you have a device listed, but have NEVER streamed on it, try on that. I have a few consoles sitting around that I know I haven't used my Amazon Video on that I will try it on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burnface wrote:
aldaryn wrote:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.. I know a lot of people who have Prime, but have never used Prime Video, so I thought maybe a handful of people here would be the same.

THANKS!!!

I guess it wont work on a computer??

I'll have to fire up my fire stick later and set something up to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Stewart
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! I just broke out my old Wii and downloaded Amazon's app onto it. Hopefully it's not too old to be eligible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolliereed wrote:
Thanks! I just broke out my old Wii and downloaded Amazon's app onto it. Hopefully it's not too old to be eligible.

I'm wondering this my glorified Netflix machine (aka Wii U) might net me $10 more bucks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
|*...******...*|
badge
HEEEEEEEEEELLLP MEEEEEEEEEE..AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if you log in to amazon, and deregister a device, then log into the device and reregister it and stream, maybe it will give the credit? If not I guess I'll try with my ancient wii since it's never been registered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this will work (I'll find out in a few business days I guess), but you might be able to use the Amazon Prime family sharing benefit to get the discount on a second account. We watch Prime on our Roku with my wife's account, but my account gets Prime benefits from hers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using my family connected account worked, I just got my credit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bummer. I have Amazon Prime Student trail and fail at step two cause I don't have those streaming devices except my computer.

I have failed at level 2 of the Role playing game: milk Amazon for cash.

p.s. and damn, first time? I already watched "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" on Prime (I'm kinda underwelmed at the Prime video selection )...good movie btw for those who want to kill some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:

How did you know if you got credit? Watched the Truman Show for the first time since it came out. It was...creepier than I remembered. Is there an alert or somewhere I can check for credit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PizzaAroma wrote:
Tineren wrote:

How did you know if you got credit? Watched the Truman Show for the first time since it came out. It was...creepier than I remembered. Is there an alert or somewhere I can check for credit?

I got an email telling me I got the credit a day and a half after I watched the Matrix.
Amazon wrote:
An Amazon credit of $10 has been issued.

As part of a Prime Day promotion, we have issued you a $10 credit for streaming a Prime video on your TV for the first time using an eligible device between June 28 and July 7.

Although you will not see the credit in your account, the $10 will automatically be applied to your next purchase made between now until the end of Prime Day (11:59pm PST on July 11). The credit is valid only on items fulfilled or sold by Amazon. Restrictions apply.

So nowhere to check for it, just have to wait for the email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.