Subject: Large Monsters and Terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know, this has been dealt a lot of times, but I cannot understand it fully yet, so please help!

Rules say that a large monster that moves "shrinks" to become a 1-square creature. Then makes its move.

What happens if during that movement it enters water, lava or pit? I mean, it enters a square of these terrains? Will them affect the creature?

When it expands back I understand pits will only affect it if all the squares it occupies are pits and will only be defeated if all the squares it occupies are lava. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
If it moves on special terrain while "shrunk" to a 1x1-creature, it is subject to that terrain's special rules as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During movement
In the shrunken state large monsters are affected by lava and water spaces like small figures. They suffer 1
(lava) and have to spend 2
to enter water. Pit spaces are different and large figures are not affected by pit spaces during its movement.

When movement ends or is interrupted

Large figures suffer additional effects from lava (figure defeated at the end of the activation) and pit spaces (need to spend an action to climb out) only if the entire base occupies the special terrain spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you both of you for the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
additionally like with water spaces, large figures only suffer damage when entering lava spaces, if they expand into lava spaces, they don't suffer damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.