Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got the game and my wife and I played a "season". It's a REALLY fun game for football enthusiasts as we are (me having a season card for my favorite club the last 46 years - KV Mechelen in Belgium).

We had however one question concerning the "tactic cards". The ACTIVE player can discard cards (if she/he has 4 or fewer). Can he do this only once or as many times as she/he likes when "active"?

An example:

I am the active player and I have 2 tactic cards, so I decide to discard one of them and draw two new ones.
At that moment I have three cards.
Now can I discard two of them and draw three new ones, then having four cards? Etc... till I have 5 cards in hand?

We played we could only discard once (as the active player).

Can someone give us a hint please?

Thanks, guys

PS: this really is a fantastic game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunter - That's a good question that I hadn't really thought about. I was under the impression that it was only once, but the rules don't state it.

By the rules, you could have 1 Tactic card, discard it and draw 2, not like those, discard them and draw 3, and rinse and repeat until you have 5 in hand.

I have also played that it was once when you are Active player, but that might be making the game harder. An official ruling would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whilst I can't give you an official ruling I would say you can only use the option once. Although I don't have the rules in front of me if you have 4 or fewer cards I think you have to discard ALL your cards and then draw the number discarded plus 1. You can't choose to discard only some of your cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but you could theoretically have 1, discard it to draw 2, not like those and do the action again, discarding 2 to draw 3, still not like them and do it again, now drawing 4, not like them and discard to draw 5. Now, you'd have more than 4, so you couldn't do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:
Quote:

• All Tactics cards are discarded after one use.

My take on this is that you may use it once. One use of the tactic card and it's gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't using a Tactics card. We are talking about the Active player option to redraw Tactics cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
An example:

I am the active player and I have 2 tactic cards, so I decide to discard one of them and draw two new ones.

I don't think you can do this according to the rule below. You have to discard all your tactics card. It's not "up to" 4 or fewer discards:
Quote:
If the Active Player has 4 or fewer Tactics cards, they may discard ALL their Tactics cards and draw that many new cards + 1. (e.g. 4 cards discarded = 5 new cards drawn).

My read of this rule is that it's done once. There's nothing written in it to support you can do this multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you must discard ALL the Tactics cards you have to do the Redraw Tactics cards option as Active Player.

In the optional actions section, it starts with:
The Active Player may do any number of the following actions in any order:

Then, it specifies that the Scout action is ONCE PER TURN.

It does NOT have the same caveat for the Redraw Tactics action. I think this is what is bringing up the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pearson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi all, sorry for the confusion.

This is our mistake. This action can only be taken once during the Active Player's turn.

I'll soon be posting a megathread of FAQ's, suggestions and clarifications. I'll be sure to include this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will clarify this on my game aid in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.