Hide
2 Posts

Purrrlock Holmes: Furriarty's Trail» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard pile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Melanson
msg tools
While playing this game for the first time yesterday, I got into a disagreement with my friend about using the discard pile the deduce your suspect. I argued that you should be able to use it and look through it as every card is unique, so that just gives you more information. She argued that you're supposed to use just the information you gathered from your investigations, especially since the trash will be shuffled eventually and you'll lose that information. Can anyone clarify how much you can reference cards already played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sauer
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi Leo,
Cards in the discard pile cannot be looked at to help you in your case. Once they are discarded, they are gone from the game until reshuffled to form a new draw deck.

Yes, this does favour players who are able to count cards, but it keeps it a more family friendly game.

If you ever get your paws on the promo cards (not sure but they may be available at GenCon in August?), there are 5 unique powers that are all different rule breakers. One of those powers is the ability to look through the discard pile.

If looking was always allowed, it would slow the game down too much. All the info you have is what is in your hand, all the cards currently in play on the table, and the single visible top card from the discard pile.

Hope you enjoyed it otherwise!! All the best,
Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.