Hide
5 Posts

The Longest Day» Forums » General

Subject: Crocodile tanks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Pia
msg tools
When exactly do the Crocodile tanks of the 141st armor regiment enter? For some reason I can't find it. There is no date on the AUET.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

They are non-divisional reinforcements, so I've always assumed they (two of them) can be added to the entry track on the 7th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Pia
msg tools
You're probably right, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems 2 of the 5 troops of C squadron went ashore on the 6th of June. http://thequeensownbuffs.com/141-regiment/ The rest of the regiment landing later in the month. As 2/5 < 1/2 I guess it wouldn't be fair to show that squadron on the 1st day.

They are company sized, the only such allied non divisional reinforcements. So you might argue they don't count against the maximum per turn of 1 artillery group or 2 battalions placed on the landing track or the whole regiment counts as 1 batallion or you can take 1 squadron/turn for free. The last suggestion matches the piecemeal arrival of history. Whichever, their DRM makes them very valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Pia
msg tools
Thank you, that answer makes a lot of sense. This leads me to another question if I may. On the Cotentin peninsula the Germans have no Corps HQ so my question is how are the independent artillery units supplied? Yes I know that the 101 nebelwerfer battalion is consider non artillery so no problem there. It's the others that concern me. Also while I'm at it, is the 752 HQ treated like the flak HQ? In other words does it consume supply like other HQ or not like the flak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.