Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom tom
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all.

So I have one simple question:
Is Daisy able to survive if you build her with only one core set?

I'm just a rookie in this game but the couple of times I've attempted to play her she always ended up cornered and slaughtered pretty early.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Cheers.

t.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, Daisy with one core set is probably the LEAST survivable solo character.

If you don't draw Shriveling early, she doesn't deliver much damage, and one copy of Shriveling burns out pretty quickly.

Once an enemy engages with her, Daisy has a hard time getting loose.

Solo Daisy is a monster's 'Blue Plate Special'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, super-specialized characters like Daisy (and once you get to Dunwich, Zoe) are pretty rough to solo. Roland kind of gets away with it thanks to his special ability and having access to Seeker cards. Once you get all the Dunwich player cards she gets some more combat options (though they are still mostly one-shot things, so combat-heavy scenarios could still be problematic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Daisy really needs a Guardian or a Rogue partner to keep her viable.

Zoe is a lovely brick. She's up a creek solo, but she partners well with either of the Seekers, Jenny, or Jim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

I do hope to lay my hands on Dunwich Legacy sometime soon, but it's in reprint (in French) and noone seems to know when it's gonna be available again.

As for a partner, well, even Skids couldn't do much when they got engaged by 3 enemies (2 attacking Daisy) thanks to bad "encounter" draws zombie

I thought I'd try to pair her with Roland. Due to my one set I twisted Roland's deck in a dirty cop deck with 5-6 Rogue cards to replace the Seeker cards.
In this case it started a tad better but Roland chose to go mad around turn 5, so I figured she was dommed afterwards even if she had only 1 damage on her at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the expansions and two core sets, Daisy can definitely make a go of it solo. Higher Education + 2x Shrivelling is pretty effective. I've got a plan and Acidic Ichor can pack a punch, too.

With one core set, though, I'd say Daisy is not really playable solo. You've got 1x Mind over Matter, 1x Blinding Light, and 2x Manual Dexterity to evade, maybe, but you need to fight and 1x Shrivelling without Higher Education support is not going to cut it. I think even on Easy you would very likely get overwhelmed by monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.