Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bradley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Starfire's ability is:
"Once during each of your turns, if there are no Super Powers in the Line-Up, draw a card."

Can I use this ability at the end of my turn, when drawing a new hand of 5 cards, to draw an extra card, allowing me to start my next turn with 6 cards in my hand instead of 5 cards?

I've been playing it that way, but after getting the Forever Evil set, Forever Evil's rulebook states the following end of turn sequence:

1. Announce that you are ending your turn. Your turn is now over.
2. Place any cards remaining in your hand into your discard pile.
3. Resolve any “at the end of your turn” effects.
4. Place all the cards you played into your discard pile. Any unspent Power
is lost.
5. Fill each empty slot in the Line-Up with a card from the top of the main deck.
6. Draw five cards.
7. If the top card of the Super Hero stack is face down, flip it face up and read
aloud the next Super Hero’s First Appearance—Attack.
8. The next player starts his turn.

This means that my turn is over before I draw a new hand of five cards, so I can't do what I was doing anymore.

Maybe I answered my question, but have I been playing it wrong this whole time or did a rules change alter what was possible before Forever Evil came out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Once you start the end of turn process, it is no longer "During your turn," so no.

The rules did not change. It's just one of those things that is easy to miss in the rules because you would prefer it work to your advantage. At least if you're playing Starfire...

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bradley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.