Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a couple of memorable sessions in the last week that I just had to share

Last Saturday I played with my group of 4 (Brute, Cragheart, Mindthief, Scoundrel).

In our first scenario, we had to kill a bunch of vermlings and oozes. The scenario had three rooms, and we had just finished the second and most of the party was planning to take a turn to rest and refresh items. Our scoundrel, who has been very scoundrel -like, decided to plow ahead without the rest of the group in search of treasure. So he opened the door and was met by a hail of arrows, dropping him from full health to exhausted while the rest of us were taking a breather. The 3 remaining characters then had to clear the last room, exhausting almost everyone. The final round it came down to the Cragheart needing to do 4 damage with a 3 damage attack with his last 2 cards (I have never been so excited to see a +1) before exhaustion.

Our second scenario of the day required us to have all 4 characters on pressure plates at the same time, which required us to split the party. The two tanks went one way, and the two speed/ stealth characters went the other. Oddly enough, the slow characters made it to their plates first, and were sitting there waiting while the other characters were getting pulled off and immobilized. We commented that the tanks must have been wondering what was going on and why their teammates hadn't finished their job yet.

I also played a solo random dungeon last night that wound up having oozes. The first 4 ability cards played by the oozes were to split. This actually worked out rather well, as the group of regular oozes killed themselves, and we only needed to loot a treasure in the final room, so we ignored the other group of oozes with elites. It was fun to imagine my characters sneaking by, trying not to draw the attention of the growing horde of slime.

Anyway, I can't remember the last time I've played a game that has led to so many memorable moments. I really enjoy that we can talk about the crazy things that happen playing GH, and the fact that they happen and that they are remarkable enough to want to talk about even a week later really speaks volumes about the design of the game. Thanks Isaac!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is a "Sessions" forum for this kind of post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryker1979 wrote:

Our second scenario of the day required us to have all 4 characters on pressure plates at the same time, which required us to split the party. The two tanks went one way, and the two speed/ stealth characters went the other.

Yikes. Why would you not pair speed/tank in each direction?

But otherwise, yes, Gloomhaven is pretty awesome. Every scenario just works, and its pretty bizarre how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.