Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Fox
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the play of a Province card allow any extra action (including Attack) as stated in the rules, or just the play of another card as stated on the Province card (and if so, Place as well as Pitch?)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

It's been a long time, but I think it's any Action. Essentially, placing a Province cards is a "free" Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says "play", so you may Place or Pitch a card, your choice. You cannot Battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fox
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alan! That's how we played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fox
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,
A logical interpretation as that is what is stated on the card, but the rules say otherwise. Alan (from Victory Point Games) believes it includes Attacks as well (any action) so I guess we'll call that the official ruling.
Thanks for the responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm the designer, and Alan is no longer the publisher, but I don't think it breaks the game to rule it either way, so long as it's consistent within a given game. I admit to not being able to find a copy of the rulebook at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fox
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have recognized the name as I just played it yesterday
I'll defer to you on the official ruling.
Great game! Thanks for the design!
I'm curious if you have been exposed to Ortus Regni. It has a similar feel to the game play of Tenka (with deck building and more involved game play). I think both games are fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Dan! Putting TENKA in the same vicinity of ORTUS REGNI is high praise indeed, to my mind. I really like OR and wish I got to play it more.

It's been a long time since I looked at any of my TENKA files, I'll have to see if I can glean what my design intent was during the development process as far as what you get free when placing Provinces.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fox
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Scott!
I taught Tenka 7-player last night and everyone was very enthusiastic. A mixed crowd of serious and newbie gamers. Hope to play it more soon.
I fell in love with OR when I first played it. I've since created quite a bit of my own content to enrich the experience and I can frequently be found championing OR when I can. I've been in contact with the designer, Jon Sudbury, and he has been very communicative and supportive. I can't say enough about this design!
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.