Hide
4 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: War Gaming Video Chat, Saturday, 1 July 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Lion
msg tools
What I have been playing is featured at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCabSB7cu7zltHtzhoSLu3zg

Let's talk about decision making in war games. Many war gamers explain that it is very important to the play experience but not all decision making is the same. What kind of decision making do you like? What kind do you think is important to simulation?

7pm to 9pm (Eastern Standard Time)

Go to the link https://appear.in/BigBoard

Join in, listen, share, and speak your mind....

Using the appear.in link will send you right into the chat room. Nothing else needed but the link above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walters
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
"...the art of manoeuvering armies...an art which none may master by the light of nature. but to which, if he is to attain success, a man must serve a long apprenticeship." -- G.F.R. Henderson
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope to be there, but may be on the road.

Just to stimulate the discussion, I like decision making where there is a lot of tension between micro-situations (e.g., tactical decisions) and macro-situations (e.g., operational-level decisions). Too much of a focus on one might undo things regarding the other.

We've all likely had those kinds of experiences where a focus on tactical optimization may have killed lots of enemy units but lost the game as some geographic victory condition remained ever so slightly out of reach!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Excellent !! About time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.